What's new

Live Die Repeat and Repeat (Edge of Tomorrow 2) (1 Viewer)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Looks like this is progressing nicely. Joe Shrapnel and Anna Waterhouse have been hired to write. Christopher McQuarrie is working on the script with the writers and is in talks to come on-board as a producer. Doug Liman will return to direct and the article makes it sounds like Cruise and Blunt are in as well:

http://deadline.com/2016/04/tom-cruise-the-edge-of-tomorrow-sequel-joe-shrapnel-anna-w-1201733530/

I *loved* the original film. It tied up all of its loose ends well and I'm unsure how a sequel would work, but this appears to be a hell of a team and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Bring it on!

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I really loved the movie too. I have no idea how you would do a sequel to this story as it seemed pretty complete, but I'm open to giving it a shot. Would love to pick up the 3D Blu at a reasonable price, but every time I check Amazon it's $35 or higher.

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
So, a movie about a day that keeps repeating itself until the protagonist lears/fulfills/whatever, much like Groundhog Day, gets a sequel? About the next day, that doesn't repeat, or what?

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Well Cage did get the alien blood back in his system at the end of the first one so they didn't leave it completely closed for a sequel.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I really liked this one too, completely underrated as far as I'm concerned. I'm not sure if the critics didn't like it much or they didn't market it, but I hadn't heard of it and saw it by accident - the power went out so the kids and I went over the closest theater that had power and saw the next film showing.

Anyway, I thought it wrapped up pretty well too and didn't demand a sequel, but I'm game.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Edge of Tomorrow was excellent.

I'd love to see another story involving the protagonists and the time repeat theme, though I have no idea where they will go with the story.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
I was surprised at how good EOT was. I'm up for a sequel, just hope it isn't a repeat of the first movie, story and villain wise.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I really loved the movie too. I have no idea how you would do a sequel to this story as it seemed pretty complete, but I'm open to giving it a shot. Would love to pick up the 3D Blu at a reasonable price, but every time I check Amazon it's $35 or higher.
It's been my experience that the best price for many movies is a few months after they've been released to disc, but after that they may go back up in price. I highly recommend camelcamelcamel dot com for monitoring prices on Amazon.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It's been my experience that the best price for many movies is a few months after they've been released to disc, but after that they may go back up in price. I highly recommend camelcamelcamel dot com for monitoring prices on Amazon.

I missed the window on this one, but it also was never heavily discounted. I was able to get a similar Warner 3D title from the same period ("Godzilla 3D") for $10 new from Amazon last year, but Edge Of Tomorrow never dropped down that low. I think it was briefly at $19.99 but I didn't get it then, and now it's up so high I doubt it'll come down significantly again. So next time I feel like watching the movie I'll probably bite the bullet, but no rush.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I missed the window on this one, but it also was never heavily discounted. I was able to get a similar Warner 3D title from the same period ("Godzilla 3D") for $10 new from Amazon last year, but Edge Of Tomorrow never dropped down that low. I think it was briefly at $19.99 but I didn't get it then, and now it's up so high I doubt it'll come down significantly again. So next time I feel like watching the movie I'll probably bite the bullet, but no rush.
If you use the camelcamelcamel dot com website you're less likely to miss the good prices.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks