What's new

Ebert & Roeper Move On / New Hosts Announced (1 Viewer)

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
More like 35 years if you go back to 1975 when Roger and Gene started Opening Soon at a Theater Near You, later renamed Sneak Previews, and finally At the Movies.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

I'll miss this show.

Me too. It was a weekend ritual. I appreciated the fact that, no matter who hosted, they always included limited-release films (independent, foreign) and often championed those that one or both of the current hosts thought deserving. Most recently, Scott and Phillips favorably reviewed The Square, a terrific Australian film noir (for lack of a better label) that's out on DVD and Blu-ray later this month. We've been trying, so far without success, to get a review copy.

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Just watched the last episode. I appreciate the fact that Tony & Michael spent most of the show looking back at its' history. They showed some great clips. Nice tribute that was well done.

I don't blame Ben & Ben for killing this show. I blame the guys at BV who hired them. I wonder "What if" Tony & Michael had taken the show after Roeper stepped off. Would have been nice.

I agree with the earlier sentiments about exposure. There are plenty of movies I would have never seen had it not been for Siskel & Ebert and this show.

I guess I can remove my season pass now.

Peace,

DM

TerryPM

Agent
I've really been enjoying the show this season with Michael Phillips and AO Scott, both of whom I'd rate way above Roeper. Wouldn't you know it, the last show and my local SF Bay Area network preempts it with a Time Life infomercial. Any way to catch it online?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
On the theory that Roger Ebert's newly announced show deserves its own thread, I've consolidated all the posts about it here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks