Easy way for a 16 year old to make around $1000.00??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Van Patton, Oct 30, 2001.

1. Van Patton

Van Patton Second Unit

I was just thinking and there is not much out there. I'm a junior in high school and I can't exactly get a job after school because places around here only work 6 hour shifts and that would be a pain in the ass getting home at 10 o'clock on school nights. I was thinking about ebay but I'd prefer not to sell the DVDs I hold precious [​IMG]Any get rich quick schemes that actually work??? Wait a second...TRIANGLE SCHEME!!!!!!!

2. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

Two things: 1) Website development = Easy Money; 2) Buy Low Off of eBay and Sell High on eBay. I've made $2000 this month in my spare time just doing this. You'll need credit cards though, for the latter, with a credit limit of $10k+.

3. Jonathan Burk

Jonathan Burk Second Unit

Jonathan Burk
    I started a mobile DJ business when I was 15, and I did it for 10 years. It takes an initial investment, but if you rent your equipment to get started, and make wise purchases (and you're good), you can grow the business to be quite profitable. You can get $200-1000+ night for parties and dances, and $300-1200+ for weddings. You have to like music and have a personality. It was a business that just really fit with my love of music (and my huge music collection), and my talent as a "performer".
    I also know teenagers who have made money with photography (taking pictures of houses for real estate ads), washing windows, buying and selling rare books or music (or DVDs?), or any number of odd jobs. Just keep an open mind, try to exploit stuff you like to do anyway, and always be on the lookout for opportunity. If you need "seed money" to start a business, be willing to flip burgers for a while, if you can't get a loan from a parent or other source that trusts you. Just don't look for the "easy money". That's the first step to getting duped (i.e. "A fool and his money are soon parted").
    [Edited last by Jonathan Burk on October 30, 2001 at 07:18 PM]

4. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

Don- how do you manage? I've never really seen any notable deals on ebay. Do you haunt it for new buy it now listings? what's your secret?

5. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

Phillip,
    Sorry, I should have been more clear. I hunt for great deals (I must make at least $50 per unit to be interested) at online retailers and then I sell what I buy immediately on eBay. I've had a lot of success with digital cameras and PDAs. If you keep an eye out for good deals, and compare them to their street value on eBay, you can make a decent profit relatively easily. The stress over fraud, however, is killer.
    Don

6. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

interesting Don.. I spend a LOT of time on the net and like to hunt for deals.. maybe I'll give it a shot.
    Do you cross ship the items to the buyer or buy them and stock them then sell on ebay?

7. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Just suck it up and work till 10pm. That's the easiest way to make some money.
    But if you do go the eBay route, which can be very good to you, also look at buying from ubid.com. Although their shipping may be high, you can still find some GREAT deals that you could turn a good profit on.
    Also, go to garage sales and look for any electronics that are of value. You can usually find some awesome deals, especially if it's a moving sale or an estate auction.
    But good luck on what you do! And if you do make some quick money, be sure and tell me how you did it! [​IMG]
    ------------------
    God bless!
    jeffrey noel
    My DVD Collection

8. FredHD

FredHD Stunt Coordinator

Have you ocnsiedered selling your soul to the devil?? [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ------------------
    "It's the ultimate test of skill. One man....one ball.....ten pens!!!"
    "Ten frames too."
    "Exactly!"

9. Alex-C

Alex-C Screenwriter

Or 24 hour paper routes while on speed ?

10. NathanP

NathanP Supporting Actor

11. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Yeah, website development is a good one.. buy a domain name for like $10, make up a site, get hits, sell it for a couple hundred.. my friends really good at it, sold like 3 sites...
    If you wanna find good deals, i recommend http://www.bensbargains.net lots of deals on electronics, computer stuff, etc. Most very cheap...
    ------------------
    The So Family Home Theater!
    http://www.multimania.com/sonick182/ht/index.html
    Birthday: November 29 (Sagittarius)
    Horoscope:
    Sagittarius - You are very sexy and women are attracted to you.

12. Bill Cowmeadow

Bill Cowmeadow Second Unit

Watch the Sunday Flyers for "get it free with rebate", mice, modems, sound cards, power strips etc. Buy all you can, get buddies to help, file for the rebates and then dump the stuff on ebay. Never call the stuff new.
    Good luck

13. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

Bah I live in a smallish town so I have to mailorder.
    dell had a hell f a deal on 17" LCD (still do through tonight) $599 with free shipping, they go on ebay for about 680 on a good day, but the damn sales tax kills the profit at $40 [​IMG]

14. MikeF

MikeF Stunt Coordinator

15. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

16. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

17. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

18. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

[​IMG]
    ------------------
    Sean
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said.......I drank what?"

19. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

what part of montana you from? the last name is familiar (probably common though) I grew up in billings.

20. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

Sell a kidney or two?
    Run a extortion racket at your high school?
    Print this [​IMG] out?
    ------------------
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    My Top 10 Movies of 2000 of 2001
    Fox: Please release P.C.U. on DVD!