Easy Money - missing scene from DVD?!?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Mirza, Nov 12, 2001.

1. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

I remember a scene where Rodney dreams he's at a boxing match and he's tempted by all his friends... but his mother-in-law (dressed as a devil) and the lawyer keep thwarting his efforts. This scene WASN'T on MGM's DVD!
    But it is in the trailer; what's up??

2. John O

John O Stunt Coordinator

I don't remember it being in the theatrical presentation, or the LD version. Bear in mind I have't seen the LD in about 10 years or in the movie theater in almost 20.

3. Steven Simon

Steven Simon Producer

Steven Simon
    I don't remember this in the earlier releases either....
    ------------------
    Thanks,
    Steven R. Simon
    HTF Administrator
    Theater Pics Updated 9-11-2001
    Send Email: darth23@optonline.net

4. MichaelG

MichaelG Second Unit

Is it possible that this scene you remember was actually cut from theatrical release but included on a TV version? It seems like that happens a lot when they need to either add time to a movie or replace some content that can't be shown on TV.

5. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

There was some nudity in this scene (some girl's shirt rolls up exposing her large, um, assets) so I don't think this was made for a TV version, though I did see this uncut on a local TV station over 15 years ago, back when they'd show uncut movies in prime time (still have the tape!) I recently watched the CED videodisc and noticed this scene was missing from that as well!

6. Rob W

Rob W Supporting Actor

Robert
    There are several scenes in the trailer that never made it into the theatrical print. The trailer was in theatres well in advance of the opening and never revised. I worked in a theatre when this was released and am positive in my answer. I do believe that TV versions did include some of this material, though.
    The trailers for BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING had a few lines that never made it into the final print as well, such as the moment at the wedding lunch when the woman says to Julia Roberts "We thought you were a lesbian" after she announces her engagement.

7. Brett_B

Brett_B Supporting Actor
    Supporter

Patrick and Jesse are correct in this.
    I did see this movie in its theatrical run, and I do remember this scene. He is at this boxing match and was very uncomfortable (I think it was due to everyone around him was drinking and eating snacks) so he decides to leave. While he was making his way through the crowd, he runs into his next door neighbor and his wife (or girlfriend) and the neighbor makes a comment in reference to his wife (girlfriend) and her top comes up (she was wearing a tuxedo type top and the "white" portion rolls up). I also remember him running into his mother-in-law and her lawyer as well.
    This, indeed, was a scene in the original theatrical run.
    Brett B.

8. Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese Producer

Peter Apruzzese
    I must respecfully disagree. I played this movie for two weeks during the original theatrical run and this scene was not in the film at that time. The only time we saw the neighbor's girlfriend topless was in the backyard scene (I wonder why I remember that?). Is it possible that this scene was added into the initial video release (or cable run)? I've seen the sequence, but it definitely wasn't in the theater.

9. John O

John O Stunt Coordinator

I'm with Peter, the scene you guys are refering to was not in the theatrical print. It sounds like I would have a couple of very good reasons to remember this scene [​IMG].

10. Gavin K

Gavin K Stunt Coordinator

I, too, saw this movie at the theater. Thought it was hilarious. So, of course, when it came on HBO I had to watch. The boxing scene was on HBO, and I distinctly remember thinking, "Hey, where did that scene come from?" I was only about 12 or 13 at the time, so trust me, any glimpse of female nudity, (especially that display) was a major event. So I can honestly say that that scene was not in the initial theatrical run.

11. Brett_B

Brett_B Supporting Actor
    Supporter

[Edited last by Brett_B on November 13, 2001 at 09:38 AM]