What's new

East Side Kids-Critics Choice Double Feature Vol 1 -7 DVD's? (1 Viewer)

Chas_Michael

Second Unit
East Side Kids Critics Choice Double Feature Vol 1 -7 DVD's

Hey Guys! Anyone own these? quality, etc.?

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I don't have these but as I recall their Mr. Wong looked pretty good and in general, they are of the best quality in regards to cheap pd releases.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I don't own these. I do have some ALPHA ESK releases which are all over the map in terms of quality. These are probably the same since these PD companies seem to use each others' transfers.

TCM ran a bunch of ESK films several years back that looked pretty good. They were preceded by a logo for a company called Film Preservation Associates. Unfortunately there were reports that some of the airings were cut. Also, they did not air of the latter ESK films that are still under copyright. For whatever reason, TCM doesn't air many non-PD Monogram films even though they are owned by the same parent company. Their Bowery Boys marathon of several years back seems to be a one shot deal. One would think the BB would show up more often given their perennial popularity. In the 1970s it seems that BB and ESK were on TV non stop throughout the decade.

Steve

Chas_Michael

Second Unit
thanks Steve, getting closer.

I find some of the Critics Choice DVD's are better than the Alpha. It's definitely a crap shoot to say the least.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
If anyone finds out I would like to know too as I have been wanting to see more of their films as well.

I have heard that the best DVD versions of these pd films are on 20 dollar DVD-R's from Reel Classic DVD's website, endorsed by Leo Gorcey Jr. I can not verify this though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks