What's new

Earth Final Conflict -- comparison of US and Canadian versions? (1 Viewer)

dbmears

Auditioning
Real Name
David B. Mears
Many, many years ago I bought the ADV releases of seasons 3 thru 5, and earlier this year (or was it last year?) I bought the Universal release of Season 1. As it doesn't imminently appear that Universal will release Season 2, I'm guessing I'm going to have to buy the Canadian release of Season 2 (through Amazon.ca) to complete my collection for all the seasons. I was just wondering if anyone had information to compare the US releases (Universal and ADV) against the Canadian releases. The cover artwork seems the same between the Universal (US) and Canadian releases for Season 1. The Canadian release for Season 2 is the only one available, but are there differences in the two versions of Season 1 that would suggest anything about Season 2? Are there significant differences in the Canadian releases of Season 3 - 5 that would make them worth buying when I already have the ADV releases for those three seasons? Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! David

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
Buy it from cdplus.com. Free shipping to US and Canada. Be aware that it is bare bones. No specials. Plus the packaging for all these releases stinks, but they usually have good picture quality.

dbmears

Auditioning
Real Name
David B. Mears
The old ADV releases I have for Seasons 3 thru 5 seem to be in widescreen (16:9, according both to the boxes and in actually viewing episodes). Season 1 from Universal appears to be full screen (4:3) by box info and eps. IMDB suggests all seasons were 4:3 ratio. So I'm not sure what to believe. Were all seasons in 4:3 and the ADV releases cropped? Or what?

ATimson

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Timson
Originally Posted by dbmears

The old ADV releases I have for Seasons 3 thru 5 seem to be in widescreen (16:9, according both to the boxes and in actually viewing episodes). Season 1 from Universal appears to be full screen (4:3) by box info and eps. IMDB suggests all seasons were 4:3 ratio. So I'm not sure what to believe. Were all seasons in 4:3 and the ADV releases cropped? Or what?

I don't have a 4:3 release at hand to compare, but from watching the ADV versions, it looks like the show was shot in 16:9 and cropped to 4:3 for airing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks