What's new

EARTH 2 (Street Date 7/19/05) (contains spoilers) (1 Viewer)

Matt`L

Stunt Coordinator
I really enjoyed this show when it originally aired. Is there any possibility that it will be released? Has there been any news at all?

I noticed that on tvshowsondvd.com it is ranked 94th most requested, but unrelesed. This is a ranking higher than many shows that ended up actually being released.

Thanks for any info you can provide ;)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Well, it's a Universal series and they haven't done much with their TV products. That's about to change though as I've been expecting them to officially announce some titles for about 3 months. Hopefully it comes soon!

Gord

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I hope Universal releases Earth 2, Rockford Files, Sliders, and the first two seasons of Earth: Final Conlict (because Universal holds the rights to release the first two seasons while ADV has released seasons 3-5 to DVD) to DVD soon.

Be Seeing you,
David Blackwell

Matt`L

Stunt Coordinator
Argh, I forgot that they were the ones responsible for Sliders as well. I hope that it's one of the titles that will be officially announced soon, Gord, as I believe it was unoffically mentioned some time ago.

Well, finger's cross that things start moving on Sliders and Earth 2, although I admit hope for the latter is quite low.

Thanks for the responses, all.

JohnAP

Second Unit
I'd love to own Earth 2 and the first few seasons of Sliders as well. I like watching reruns of both and SciFi and I think they have big enough audiences to merit a release.

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
I too would love to get Earth 2 on DVD. And since there were only 22 episodes made, it would make a nice "Complete Series" release.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Yeah id pick up earth 2 also. Too bad it has a cliffhanger and id get pissed off it was cancelled again :)

capt

Matt`L

Stunt Coordinator
Unfortunately, here in Australia, we don't have the Sci-Fi channel. At the moment, at least. What that means is, to the best of my knowledge, each episode has only ever had one screening. The fact makes me want it even more...

I have to admit that I'm quite suprised that a show that I would call quite obscure, due to its short life, is still being broadcast in the U.S.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim

Likewise. Same thing happened with Space: Above and Beyond. And to a certain extent, Battlestar Galactica (if you ignore -- as most do -- G80).

When shows like this get cancelled, surely the writers had some inkling as to where they were going to take the show in the next season? Even if it's just some ideas, hopefully a treatment? They'd make for nice extras, just so that the fans can know what the writers had in mind for the characters and the plot.

Or perhaps the DVD producers could interview the writers, to get their thoughts as to "what if the show had continued"?

I'm surprised that such an extra has not AFAIK ever shown up on any of the DVDs of cancelled shows.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I always said. That these wrap-up movies would be perfect for Scifi channel. Instead of making another movie about killer spiders. Maybe, they could make a 2 hr wrap up for Space:A&B, Earth 2 or Now & Again. I mean a lot of the shows air on Scifi.

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
I don't know about it being on DVD, but here in Canada its on SPACE every monday. (Just started to re-air last week)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Hey, John,

Earth 2's another one that I'm waiting for on DVD. I think it was one of the better series that came out in the late '90's. I really liked the storyline on that one.

- Jeff Willis

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
I'd gladly toss my off-air VHS copies for a DVD set.

I think there's plenty of love for this series - just none by the studio that controls the property.

-Scott

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Earth 2 is one of my all-time favorite SF series. I didn't like it so much when it started, but week after week it grew on me. The show had a lot of potential, but apparently the second season, which was under serious consideration, would have gone in another direction. If the series were released on DVD, it would be nice if the second season treatment reel was added as an extra. There's a lot of fan support for this show - there's been an Earth 2 convention almost every year since the show went off the air.

VHS tapes? Heck, I've got this one on Beta! :>

John fur

Grip
Hi

i have found this web site that has all 22 eps of earth 2 on dvd i would see what some think about this? here is. the web site xxxxxxxxxxx

thank you

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
The company is well known for dealing bootleg product. A quick look at what they offer, and that should be obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks