What's new

Early'06 Fox Cinema Classics Collection & Marquee Musicals (1 Viewer)

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
More confusion from Fox; although some etailers are carrying Pinky for a January release, I got that latest batch of R1 FSC's today and a flyer inside says the next wave in February '06 will include Elia Kazan's Pinky and A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, plus the Fred Astaire musical Daddy Longlegs.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
Fox cannot decide on when/what/where to place their titles. NO WAY OUT has been mentioned as both a Noir and a Studio Classic. Whatever the case, I have every Studio Classic and every Noir title and will continue to buy them as they are released.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I believe Barrie Maxwell over in his Digital Bits column said Pinky would be released on January 10, 2006 as part of a Fox black history promo including Stormy Weather and Island In The Sun. All three welcome releases.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Where's Valley of the Dolls?? This was a big box-office hit based on one of the biggest-selling novels ever. If Peyton Place and its sequel can be released on DVD, why can't Valley and it's unofficial "sequel" Beyond the Valley of the Dolls??

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

Hence my dubbing of this as 'more confusion' from Fox; what's even more confusing is the flyer has artwork for both Kazan titles in 'Studio Classics' livery!

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I am just happy that Two for the Road is coming out next week as part of the November Studio Classics.

Alistair_M

Second Unit
Yes!

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.

I ended up buying the Region 2 release as I got tired of waiting for the region 1. The region 2 was only ok IMO - reasonable picture quality but I can't wait to see it as a FSC as they are usually restored releases. Hopefully its got a commentary too.

Bravo Fox....you got there... eventually.

Charles H

Screenwriter
Richard Schikel does a commentary for A TREE GROWS IN BROOKLYN. It was reviewed awhile ago in "Playboy."

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
YES, WHERE ARE THE "DOLLS" ??
"VALLEY" and "BEYOND THE VALLEY" ???

Ali B

Second Unit
Both the Valley of the Dolls films are released as a 2 disc set in R2 UK - it's on offer in a lot of places for ~£10 at the moment too.

ali

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
FINALLY BOTH DOLLS !!!!!!!!!!!!
THE SOONER THE BETTER,
AND A "RUBY COLLECTION", with JAYNE

RoyM

Stunt Coordinator
Still no definitive word on "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" though? Why the big holdup with this title? It's been rumored, scheduled, and re-scheduled at least three times over the last three years. Are the rights in some kind of holding pattern?

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
Does it means that Fox is dropping its Studio Classic Line for this Cinema Classic Collection? I really hope not, so that this two banners can coexist, since there are so many classics out there that still need a dvd release. I did a list of some remaining Fox movies from the 30's and 40's, and some of them were really obvious choices, and then I counted like 80 titles. And I didn't count the 50's nor Charlie Chan nor Shirley Temple movies what would certainly enlarge the list. So, it's really the time Fox get more agressively into the classic dvd market, so we can have at least half of those titles out here before the end of this media. I know that all of them need restoration and this costs money and time, but since WB can manage it why not Fox?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks