What's new

Dynasty Season 1 on April 19 (1 Viewer)

Dave Farley

Second Unit

I'm wondering the same thing myself, David. The people in charge might know little about the show and just assumed that Joan Collins was there.

David, I was going to PM you about this but I guess I'll just ask you here. In your article, you mentioned the fact that the pilot movie was broken up into three parts, just like in syndication. You also mentioned that a two-hour episode appears to be split as well, according to the information you received. This has me wondering. Do you think it's possible that Fox is using the syndication versions of all Season 1 episodes? Is there anyone you can contact to find out about this? It would be a shame if they made that mistake, intentional or otherwise, and hurt this release.

SeanF

Auditioning
If FOX used syndicated prints, I'd really be pissed considering the fact that SOAPnet broadcasts the episodes uncut (although they leave off the "previously on..." and "next time on..." tags) from what I can tell.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Hi, "Dynasty' fans....I'll wait till the reviews get in as well. This is too confusing for me :D I'm just :cool: 'ing out because it's going to be released on DVD! I'm a big Season 1 fan even before the arrival of Joan C. I do agree that Season's 2-4, also S1 were the best in my opinion.

Dave, that's a "Max Verbosity" post if I ever saw one
htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif
:laugh:

BTW, I got the e-mail from your site about Hogan's Heroes. Thanks :b

- Jeff WIllis "Ultra Bionic Series Fanatic" :emoji_thumbsup: ;)

Dave Farley

Second Unit

I didn't know this. I assumed they were cut for more commercial time. Not doubting you, but is this information just from memory or did Soapnet advertise it this way?

John McM

Second Unit
well, I know people are worried about edited episodes, but Fox has always been on the money.

A lot of the Buffy fans I've encountered on here were not fans of the show in first-run, so they might not be aware that the two part finale of season 6 ("Two To Go"/"Grave") were originally broadcast as a 2 hour episode originally. The DVD version of the episodes is as the two seperate episodes, but yet they are still represented uncut on DVD. Except that Two To Go ends at one "going to commercial break" and Grave opens up on the "back from commercial" part at the start of hour 2.

I have a feeling Fox will give Dynasty the same treatment. There is no need to worry they will ALF/TCFC-ise this show when they've been one of the best studios around to this point.

So if you're worried about Dynasty, consider what Fox did with Buffy, and then have that worry lifted

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Chris:L, I don't see why you said "we're screwed". Did I miss someone saying something bad? Or did you read something bad elsewhere? If so, please share.

The post right above yours looks like it's re-iterating the fact that SoapNet's showing the entire thing uncut except for the "previously on" and "next time on" bits. Does eliminating those bits make you think we're screwed? To me, that's irritating, but minor. I can live without that stuff, especially since we've got recordings on DVD of the other episodes to remind ourselves if we need a refresher.

As for your reply to me, "It matters to me on whether or not the episodes are cut or uncut": I have already spoken to that, and I admitted that I really don't know anything at this point in time. So let's just wait and find out, shall we? No need to stress yet!

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
When I said, "We're screwed," I was referring to the episodes on the DVD set being uncut.

I still think we're screwed. Why would they divide up a tv movie that served as the pilot of Dynasty?

We're screwed.

Well, if that's the worst thing that ever happens in your life, you're doing pretty well!

Given that other releases are altering music etc, I don't think that losing the 'previously ons' and having the pilot in three sections is all that big a deal.

If they were digitally inserting Joan Collins into the first season (i.e. 'Doing a Lucas'), then maybe we'd be "screwed".

Mind you, being screwed is actually quite fun. I'm never sure why it is a bad thing to get screwed. Oh well...

John McM

Second Unit

go back and read my post at the end of pg. 1 regarding the finale of Buffy The Vampire Slayer season 6.

You CAN divide a 2-hour episode into 2 1-hour episodes and it can still be uncut.

Fox has been one of the most dependable companies in TV-DVD, why would they screw us over now when they've worked hard to prove they're worthy since The X-Files came out on DVD?

Yes :)

I wasn't trying to make a strict comparison between the two, but rather point out what my version of "screwy" behaviour is.

SeanF

Auditioning

SOAPnet didn't advertise the episodes as being uncut, but the question over whether the episodes are uncut or not has been asked frequently on soap boards. People have timed the airings and come up with a time of around 48 to 50 minutes, which would've been the standard at that time. Some people have also compared them with the original network airings.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
In fact, they may have produced the 3 part Dynasty episode as 3 separate episodes (Much like the 2 hour finale of Buffy's sixth season, which aired as a full 2 hour episode, but was produced as two separate ones.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks