What's new

DVM 1805 won't recognize discs?? (1 Viewer)

doug holly

Auditioning
I'm posting around for a little help please.

When I put a disc(s) in the tray (tried single in each spot as well as all combinations of 2,3,4,5 discs), all I get is the five little O's dancing around in the player display. Just like normal until it settled in on a particular disc, but now it apparently won't recognize discs and simply continues to search for a disc indefinately. The player display on the TV remains at "Close >", which I thought normally showed as the tray is in motion but disappeared when fully closed, so that may be different too. Everything else setting wise has been confirmed OK to the best of my knowledge, but I still can't pinpoint the problem. Did one of my wonderful little kiddies goof something up, or is this more ominous? Any suggestions before packing it up?

Thanks much.

PeterCB

Agent
Yes, one of your wonderful little kiddies probably did goof something up. I had the same problem with a Yamaha changer. What it turned out to be is that one of the disks had slipped off the carousel and fallen into the machine. You could still put 5 disks into the carousel, but when it would try to read them, it would generate an error. Its sounds like the same problem to me.

My changer was still under warrantee when it happened, so it was fixed at no charge. Hopefully yours is too. If not, you have nothing to lose by taking the cover off and seeing whether you can free the "slipped disk" yourself.

Hope this helps.

Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks