What's new

DVDSoon.com warning (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I keep checking my account to see if anythings changed, of course nothing has. I'm in the middle of the dispute with my credit card company, they told me it would take 30 days to come to a decision.

Has anyone gotten any prouct from them since July? I'm curious to know if they are doing any actual business.

SebastienLX

Agent
I already received part of my chargeback from Visa. For the second part, they told me I have to wait 30 days from the date I ordered to actually place the claim, to give time to the supplier to actually deliver on the product, the woman there won't understand that they have arbitrarily cancelled the order itself. Oh and with Visa, the nice part is that the whole claim was done by phone. They told me they'd call if they need me to send justifications, but they have not called as of now.

On the MasterCard front, well, I sent the claims by mail and I'm still awaiting an answer.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
The nerve of those DVDSoon people never ends, eh? They get mad at *you* and cancel your account, because you want your money back for product they didn't deliver. And then say you *might* get the CC $$ back, but no sooner than the end of the year. Or you can use *your* money up to 25% on each future purchase. What a joke, really hard to believe somebody has the chutzpah to do that, but then, when you look back, all of their policies were just as one-sided and ridiculous. Re that Dec. 31/05 thing...I wonder if there's a financial benefit to filing commercial bankruptcy on that date, if there is then that'll be the day...

I have had VISA do chargebacks for me several times. I don't do it lightly, and not when there's some doubt (because some day it could be REALLY important and then they won't give you as much benefit of the doubt). But in this case there's no doubt, you know the product wasn't shipped, and the company isn't saying it was. So do what you can while you can. You need to know specific dates etc. from your bill, can't just say xxx dollars from a company, need to state specific transactions. I have also found MasterCard to be more procedure-heavy in the past, why I don't use it anymore...I guess it depends on the bank who issues it and mine was generally lousy with customer service (BoM).

Geez, I'm still ranting about all this...:b For me I think it's largely disappointment, DVDS was so convenient and all. I guess we all put up with their customer-unfriendly practices because of the good prices, but there's not much reason to now.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Well, I was checking my account to see if anything changed, as I'm still waiting for thee outcome of the credit card charge back, and low and behold there is!

When I logged onto my acocunt, they no longer showed any I-Points or the credit I was owed. I was pretty pissed, until I noticed they added a credit return request button under where you click to find pending orders. When you click it, it shows what your credit amount is, and has fields to fill in. Here are the instructions, copied from the site:
----------------------------
DVDSoon.com credit refunds will be issued in the form of cheques that will be sent to you by mail.

In order to obtain a credit refund, please read the following procedure:

You must fill out the form below before October 31st, 2005. All requests posted after this date will not be eligible for a credit refund.
On Noverber 1st, 2005, credits that were available in your DVDSoon account will be withdrawn to issue your cheque. Therefore, even if you have requested a credit refund, you may still use your credits and we will credit the difference.
Please note that it may take 6-8 weeks to process, treat and send your request and cheque, starting from November 1st, 2005.
-----------------------------

I should know the results from my credit card company by the end of September, so I'm not applying for this unless I'm turned down. I'm still skeptical of that DVDSOON is going to stay afloat, so I'm not jumping at this request. Does anyone know if they are still operating in any way? Sebastian, maybe you could knock on their door?

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Let's see, they start to process the refunds in more than 6 weeks, and you can bet they'll take the full 8 weeks to get the cheque out, 10+ days for the cheque to clear safely...why will it take 4 months for you to have refunds of YOUR money? Seems like a delaying tactic to me. They need the $$ to run the company, in place of the previous advance payments.

Yeah, I'm VERY skeptical. Since they ONLY ever accepted payment by CC, and a CC refund takes minutes, why aren't they doing a CC refund? Say you don't take cheques either! For the same reason they don't!

On a similar topic, I found out yesterday VISA is trying to implement some method of protecting customers from internet merchants who declare bankruptcy, apparently happens a lot.

Manus

Second Unit
Unfortunately got stung by these b******s too.Got fed up getting to release dates and beyond and having to cancel orders whereupon refund goes into account and cant be refunded.

So Ive got a plan I'll order 'Batman Collection' to use up my due refund but no , I can only use 25% of my credit on that order so I would have to place further orders to use up my credit ! Yeah right .

Even if it means taking a fall myself, the sooner they hit the wall the better.It seems to be the only way to stop them getting fresh victims.

Very sad that they've dropped any pretense at their formerly high standards.Shame on them......

M

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Manus,

Are these recent (Post Aug 15) transactions your talking about not receiving and canceling, or from the switch over in August that burned most of us? I'd be interested to know if they are still not shipping products.

Manus

Second Unit
Russell,
I received 'Robots' this week so I think they are still shipping some discs. My problem was that i would order discs labelled 'Available' and then pay for them only to find when I checked my account that they were 'On Order' :angry:
Of course, that meant that I had a non-refundable credit of $60+ which i now may have to wait till the end of the year to claim back ! I hope some online retailor regulator sees all this and closes them down.Even dv-depot , another canadian site which at one time had some problems never resorted to treating their cudtomers in such a shoddy fashion.

M

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Manus,

If they are charging you for "Available" disc's after their policy change, but not shipping the product, than they are violating their own policy. They are not supposed to be charging your credit card until the order ships, it states it plainly on their site. This is straight up fraud, if I'm understanding you correctly.

From there current terms and uses:
Payment
Please note that full payment (which includes total for the items and total shipping fees) is charged to your credit card at the moment the products are shipped.

The calculation of the actual shipping option fees will be done as soon as the products are shipped. Therefore, the initial estimated total of initial order may vary.

Once your transaction is approved, your order will then be shipped. The following payee will be listed in your monthly statement when you make a purchase from DVDSoon.com:

Manus

Second Unit
Russell,
What Id like to do is just let em keep the money and just send me discs instead , but what they want is for me to place fresh orders , thereby spending even more money with no guarantee that the discs will ever ship !!!!

The 'Batman' set is just over $60 but they will only allow me use $15 of my credit which means I would have to spend $180 more ( 4x $60-$15) to clear off my credit.

Sorry, but no way.
As for breaking rules I think they've been doing it for quite a while.And since when does it take 4-6 months to refund credit.Like I said, if they're not decent enough to refund people straight away and regain our trust , then let em burn...

M

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
apparently they havent been cut off by ALL their suppliers, YET
because some people are getting a few odd items;

They cheerfully act as if all is just peachy when you visit their website-
BUT I do think this 'Do you want a credit refund' is just a ploy to buy them time-to keep folks from doing chargebacks-and by Dec 31-theyll all be drinking Marguritas on a sunny beach in the Bahamas...

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
They are now offering a credit card refund ontheir site. If you log into your account, you can apply for it. Of course, you have to apply before Oct 31, and it wont happen until Nov 20, but they are offering it.

Fortunately for me, my credit card companey has moved forward and credited me, so I don;t have to put up with their deception anymore.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I guess you two wouldn't know, but anybody else get anything lately? Like a recent release within a week or two? I'm asking JIC because they have had a *few* things much cheaper than anybody else around here, though generally they're in the ballpark. Maybe worth a chance on with the new "system"...

But then I see things wrongly described even when they admit it's wrong and other people besides me have complained (8 months ago in one case). And guess what they say when you receive the thing you didn't want (e.g. like P&S instead of WS, or the 1-disc instead of the 2-disc)? Or things advertised as "in stock" for a couple weeks already that isn't even going to be released for a month?

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

I am surprised that after 72 posts about this nightmare of a company anyone would even CONSIDER ordering from them!

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig

True enough. Just wondering... I haven't really considered ordering anything, just thought about considering it.:b

I know some people are still ordering from them because they mention it, usually people outside of North America it seems.

It was so easy, though slow. And I never got disc packages in less than excellent condition, even though they shipped in padded envelopes usually. Future Shop ships in boxes usually, and every single disc package has been from somewhat battered to it looks like a truck ran over it, to the point I suspected they were purposely sending out ratty packages (that nobody would pick up in the store) to online orders. Or maybe just to me...

Real Name
Anthony
That's funny. :D $100,00.000 - reserve not met - 0 bids.

If anyone's interested, I'm selling the name Joseph Mengele for only $100.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
FYI regarding DVDsoon. I received this email from them yesterday:

--------------

Dear Client;

It is with a lot of regret and sadness that we must announce the closure of the company 9086 - 8316 Québec Inc who managed the operations of DVDSoon.com.

The assets of DVDSoon.com have been taken by Canadian
Distribution Services which means the site will remain open and all activities will be maintained. Therefore all pending orders will be honored.

Unfortunately all operations that were suspended and were the responsibility of 9086 - 8316 Québec Inc will not be honored. These operations include credits, refunds, replacement requests, and Fidelity
iPoints.

If you wish to obtain more information please send your questions to:

9086 - 8316 Québec Inc.
1001, Boul. Montarville #75023
Boucherville Québec
J4B 7Z2

We thank you for your support and your comprehension.

The Administration,

Users who are viewing this thread