What's new

DVDs with overtures, intermissions, entractes and exit music - help me out (1 Viewer)

greg.shoemaker

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gregory Shoemaker
Hope this is of some interest.

The GUYS AND DOLLS release on DVD does not have the movie's exit music, although laserdisc did.

THE BAT WHISPERS (1930) DVD, which has both widescreen and 1.33:1 versions, has exit music on the non-widescreen version only. The laserdisc release, which features the Grandeur-scope version only, has exit music and an alternate ending with different exit music!

The following DVD releases all have exit music (and more in parentheses):

THE BIG TRAIL (1930)
CHANDU THE MAGICIAN (Sinister Cinema's DVD-R release only; Fox's DVD release does not have exit music)
CHARLIE CHAN IN LONDON (Warner Oland)
CHARLIE CHAN IN SHANGHAI (very brief music; Warner Oland)
HELL'S ANGELS (1930; also includes intermission music)
IN OLD ARIZONA (includes a song as overture music)
THE JAZZ SINGER (1927; also includes overture)
MARIE ANTOINETTE

greg.shoemaker

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gregory Shoemaker
Hope this is of some interest.

The GUYS AND DOLLS release on DVD does not have the movie's exit music, although the laserdisc release did.

THE BAT WHISPERS (1930) DVD, which has both widescreen and 1.33:1 versions, has exit music on the non-widescreen version only. The laserdisc release, which features the Grandeur-scope version only, has exit music and an alternate ending with different exit music!

The following DVD releases all have exit music (and more in parentheses):

THE BIG TRAIL (1930)
CHANDU THE MAGICIAN (Sinister Cinema's DVD-R release only; Fox's DVD release does not have exit music)
CHARLIE CHAN IN LONDON (Warner Oland)
CHARLIE CHAN IN SHANGHAI (very brief music; Warner Oland)
HELL'S ANGELS (1930; also includes intermission music)
IN OLD ARIZONA (includes a song as overture music)
THE JAZZ SINGER (1927; also includes overture)
MARIE ANTOINETTE (1938; also includes overture and intermission music)
A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM (1935; also includes overture music and intermission title card)
QUO VADIS (1951; also includes overture music)
SOME LIKE IT HOT (brief exit music)
SPELLBOUND (Hitchcock; also includes overture music)
THE SPIDER (1931)
THIS IS THE ARMY (also includes overture music)
WHOOPEE (1930; brief exit music)
AMBASSADOR BILL (Will Rogers)
TOO BUSY TO WORK (Will Rogers)
MR. SKITCH (Will Rogers)

Fox Films of the late 20s and early 30s seem to all have had some exit music, but I can't corroborate that fact.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Can we bump this list in order to update it for Blu-ray releases? Tom, perhaps you would be willing to incorporate additions made to your OP and update it specifically for Blu, as sometimes the Blu releases do not offer these features, or have added some from the DVD.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Can we bump this list in order to update it for Blu-ray releases? Tom, perhaps you would be willing to incorporate additions made to your OP and update it specifically for Blu, as sometimes the Blu releases do not offer these features, or have added some from the DVD.

Good idea, Dick. But I think it would be best posted on the blu ray threads rather than the DVD threads so not to be confusing. I'll do that shortly.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Great! Look forward to it.

Don't know what I'm doing wrong, Dick but I'm trying to post a new thread but when I click on the post new thread, nothing happens! It doesn't get posted. Very frustrating.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Don't know what I'm doing wrong, Dick but I'm trying to post a new thread but when I click on the post new thread, nothing happens! It doesn't get posted. Very frustrating.

Sounds like it's a problem on the HTF end. Perhaps you need to contact a mod. And thanks for your effort.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Thomas, I had that same problem a few days ago. It's clearly something the mods need to investigate.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks