What's new

DVDs are fun, but no repeat value? (1 Viewer)

Mike Soltis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
FWIW, I think ID4 is an almost exact rip-off of George Pal's movie of "The War Of The Worlds"
This is what I've been saying about it ever since I saw it (3 times) at the theater, then watched the LD (with Dolby Digital) several times, then watched the DVD several more times....
It's a 50's "B" sci-fi movie with better special effects and sound!

My problem with my DVD's is where to keep them, i have a tiny house and not many options...:frowning:

...Plan 9 remade, indeed :) :)

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
I've got a relatively small library of discs by HTF standards (about 130), and I would say I've watched at least 90% of them two times or more. I consider my discs a true library. I also have a lot of books, which take longer to read than watching a dvd. I know that I'd never be able to re-read my entire library of books, but I enjoy having it as a reference. I feel the same way about my DVDs. It costs about $20 or more for me and my wife to go see a film in the theaters, so buying a DVD for $16 or so is a bargain even if we only watch it once. I hate rental stores (especially when it costs almost $5 to rent a DVD like it does around here), and while netflix is great it takes more planning (I do have the smallest netflix account for those movies that I am unsure about purchasing).

Lately I've also been purchasing a lot more old martial arts flicks (some of my favorite stuff!) that I know will probably not make it onto HD-DVD any time soon if at all.

I also have a rule with my wife. If in my quicken graph of expenses the dvd section is less than 1%, I haven't spent too much!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks