What's new

DVDprofiler.com down? (1 Viewer)

StevenF

Stunt Coordinator
Still down. 7:55 PST.

Something is going on. I don't think they went bankrupt.... because they said they were coming out with another major update real soon. Maybe they had to switch to another server. I will put a call into them today to see what is up.

Atleast you can still use the software and input the data manually. So it isn't a waste of money or time invested.

DennisP

Stunt Coordinator
I've been trying since yesterday to access their site..

Can't get downloads or their homepage to appear.

Love the program..would hate to think they went "toes up".

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
Was trying to add Chappelles Show to my collection early tuesday and it was not in the line up. Tried to submit the profile tuesday night and have not been able to connect ever since.:frowning:

StevenF

Stunt Coordinator
I got in early yesterday and added about 25 to my collection, but it has been down since 10:00 pst yesterday and their site isn't working either. Still no reply to my emails or phone calls.

Either their server crashed, they are away on other business, or they went bankrupt. If it is the later... atleast I can continue to use the program and enter new data manually.

I was really only using it to have on my HDD's and to create a nice coffee table book/report... wasn't really interested in the online portion.

If they did go bankrupt... what really sucks is that we won't get the update which adds the Cast/Crew & Disc Amount.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
It's been less than 24 hours guys. Talking about bankruptcy is a little premature, don't you think?

If there are site problems, give them some time.

-Dave

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps if one of the people who run this site is a member of a Forum somewhere, maybe they might do their customers the courtesy of saying what is going on. Maybe it is just me, but if I was the owner of this site I would provide this courtesy to my customers.

Seymour Uranowitz

Stunt Coordinator
Their site problems started the day they were mentioned in a New York Times article, right? That had to affect traffic. It may be as simple as an overloaded server that crashed under the pressure.

Could they be so busy that they don't even monitor the site's status? You'd think they'd have a webmaster who would be responsible for keeping the lights on. In any case, it would be nice to hear from them.

Mike Gariepy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
If anyone here is in either the Baltimore MD, Herndon VA or Librety MO areas, perhaps you could give them a call and find out what's going on.

Doing a whois on both their sites reveals that they are hosting their domains at two different registrars. Weird:

www.dvdprofiler.com

Registrant:
InterVocative Software, LLC (DVDPROFILER-DOM)
2121 E. Mohawk Dr.
Olathe, KS 66062-2433
US
Domain Name: DVDPROFILER.COM
Administrative Contact:
Cole, Ken (JSR498) [email protected]
InterVocative Software, LLC
1425 Dexter
Liberty, MO 64086
US
** Phone number removed ** - Please don't call this kind lady.
Technical Contact:
SkyNetWEB, HOSTMASTER (HS1867) [email protected]
1301 S. Baylis Street
Baltimore, MD 21224
US
410-563-6384 fax: 410-563-5457
Record expires on 07-Feb-2007.
Record created on 07-Feb-2000.
Database last updated on 27-Feb-2004 17:30:14 EST.
Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.SKYNETWEB.COM 208.231.1.34
NS2.SKYNETWEB.COM 208.231.1.35

And on www.intervocative.com:

Registrant:
InterVocative Software (INTERVOCATIVE-DOM)
1425 Dexter St
Liberty, MO 64068
US
Domain Name: INTERVOCATIVE.COM
Administrative Contact:
InterVocative Software (KC2497-ORG) [email protected]
1425 DEXTER ST
LIBERTY, MO 64068-1274
US
** Phone number removed ** - Please don't call this kind lady.
Technical Contact:
Network Solutions, Inc. (HOST-ORG) [email protected]
13200 Woodland Park Drive
Herndon, VA 20171-3025
US
1-888-642-9675 fax: 571-434-4620
Record expires on 02-Jul-2008.
Record created on 03-Jul-1997.
Database last updated on 27-Feb-2004 17:42:40 EST.
Domain servers in listed order:
NS19.WORLDNIC.COM 216.168.225.149
NS20.WORLDNIC.COM 216.168.225.150

Even stranger, I've noticed that Google's cached pages for both sites have been removed. They must have run a crawl while the sites were down or something.

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor
It looks more and more possible that the NYTimes article is responsible. I was just using DVDaf's "who's got it" function and got the following message:

"Sorry, the "Who's got it" feature has been temporarily disabled because The New York Times article has generated a lot of traffic and we need to conserve machine resources. The feature will be available again in a few days once the server loads have come down a bit. We apologize for the inconvenience. For those that are not in the NY area here is a taste:

[scan of article here]

However, since all content in DVDAF is provided by members like you we are all happy that so many new folks are joining our ranks.

All the best,

- The DVDAF Team."

if DVDaf is affected, there's no doubt that DVDProfiler got hit hard too.

Mike Gariepy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I just gave the Liberty, MO phone number a call and got the InterVocative Software owner's mother-in-law's house. :) All she knows is that there is a server down somewhere but "He's not home right now".

It's safe to say that the NYT article took it's toll.

If anyone else wants to try calling, don't use the Liberty MO number. I'm sure she wouldn't appreciate it. I'll remove it from the previous post.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Interesting, thanks for doing that digging...I'm more inclined to believe that it is the NY Times article, all the bankrupcy talk was really really premature.

Ken Cole

Auditioning
All,

Thanks for your concern. I have good news and bad news. The good news is that it's not bankruptcy - IVS as a company is alive and well. The bad news is that it's not the NYT article - just incredibly bad timing for a hardware failure. Couple this with a comedy of errors involving our servers and ISPs, and we have the downtime as a result. I had held off responding, hoping to have a resolution timeframe to post, but unfortunately, I still don't have confidence enough to make any specific promises.

We will be back up as soon as physically possible - both of our ISPs are working on the issues, including bringing an entirely new server online and copying the data across. With the sheer volume of data we host, it is not a quick process under the best of conditions.

I'll try to keep this thread posted.

Thanks for your patience.

- Ken Cole
InterVocative Software

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Ken, thanks for the information it is much appreciated, and I also love the program.

Keep up the good work, and glad to hear things are alive and well.

WillKTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Shoot .. and I was just about to blame the general public for sticking their noses where they don't belong before I got down to Ken's post .. the faithful DVD collector's last places to go; DVDprofiler, DVDaficianado, etc. ... because they can't afford to miss the beat on the latest NYT post... God .. blame them for site crashes and pan and scan .. oh well, back to just p&s bashing.

Thanks for the heads up and best of luck with the technical glitch(es), Ken. Great tool!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks