What's new

DVDO Iscan (1 Viewer)

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Hello all..

I have seen these particular units advertised and was wondering if any one can comment on it. I did a search of the forum, but all I found was some units for sale and very little discussion on the products.

Thanks
R~

mike wazonek

Auditioning
Rhett_Y:

I bought the DVDI Iscan Ultra through e-bay and hooked it up to my Philips 46 in HDTV projection tv - I was somewhat disappointed in the results - I was expecting much more out of the unit - I do notice a difference in picture quality in the satellite feed but mainly in the 4:3 aspect ratio and not so much in the 16:9 mode although there is an improvement. I also ran the output from my DVD recorder (also a Philips with the Farridouja chip) through the component output of the dvd and the picture was very good - However, the Philips player in the progressive scan mode when directly put through the 480P input on the TV looks better than what the DVDO can do. The picture has better stability, the flesh tones and overall picture quality are better. What the DVDO can do is turn a low end dvd player into an excellent picture as I proved when I did a comparison with my x-box using the dvd player portion and the DVDO made a remarkably better picture. There are other advantages with the Iscan ultra such as running the X-Box through it and the picture there is excellent for video games and I use the Iscan as a video switcher for a couple of other components as well. Don't expect the DVDO to get rid of the artifacts in satellite feeds because as I found out it merely slightly reduces them and won't eliminate them. Hope this sheds some light on the DVDO

Mike

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Mike...

Thanks for the info, that is excatly what I was looking for. For some reason I kinda had a feeling that was the case.....

Thanks again
R~

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks