What's new

DVDFILE reviews TRON!!! (1 Viewer)

Jon_B

Screenwriter
I really wasn't expecting too much from the audio side of this 1982 movie. Sounds like the video is great and it has lots of good bonus material. I'll be picking it up. :)
Jon

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I didn't think the audio was too bad on the initial release. Now in 5.1, the audio is even better, according to the review. I was never a huge Tron fan, but this is something I may pick up. I'm already buying American Pie 2, Tombstone, and Sixth Sense on the 15th - it's going to be a big spending day. :)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
I love this movie. I can't tell you how many times I watched this film as a kid, of course thats not to say that I'm all grown up now :D. I was talking with some co-workers yesterday about upcoming DVDs and I was actually surprised at how many people did not know about TRON. To give you some background I'm a software developer and I work with people roughly my same age. To my surprise none of them had ever seen the movie. Is this common? I thought this film had a huge following.
Chris S.

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I just want to know if the REAL, FINAL trailer is on this DVD. I have a 35mm print of it and I really hate having to thread it up to watch it. The laserdisc had something like 7 or 8 trailers on it, but not the FINAL one. Annoying.

Mike

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I had the Album. Yep, as a kid, I actual sat and listened to the movie on the Album. I can't wait for tis puppy. I received my Twin Peaks and Mad Max 1 SE and the last one I want right now is coming in the mail whenever it gets here I guess. Yayyy Tron!!

I've just watched this disc and was really impressed with the audio. There is some extremely deep bass and lovely use of the rears, while the dialogue doesn't have the thin nasal quality that often comes with older remastered material.

I haven't been through the bonus material yet, but the feature is presented very nicely...

mark_d

Second Unit
WOOHOO!! I forgot this was almost due.

My etailer of choice has this in stock and I've just placed my order, so hopefully I'll have a Tron-fest this weekend.

Nice.

Mark

Gruson

Second Unit
I love it and will be buying it. I have the older DVD but it is not anamorphic or 5.1 :)
Great movie and WAY ahead of it's time.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Shoot, this makes me want to fire up my old Intellivision and play all my TRON games!

"Mattel Electronics presents... Tron."

--"Tron Solar Sailer" (IntelliVoice)

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Speaking of Tron games, I'll repost the link to GL Tron, for all those who missed it in the last big Tron thread:
http://www.gltron.org/
Well worth the download! :)
end of line

StevenA

Second Unit
Wow, somebody else had Intellivision!! :D
It always seemed to me like the VHS vs Beta debate: Atari was the more popular platform, which flourished commercially, but Intellivision had better graphics and more complex gameplay.

George Cifrancis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
George
Lovejoy: Do you see a light, Homer?
Homer: [disembodied] Yes...
Lovejoy: Move into the light, my son.
Homer: [a buzzing is heard] Aah!
Hibbert: Homer, this is your physician, Dr. Julius Hibbert. Can you
tell us what it's like in there?
Homer: Uh...it's like...did anyone see the movie "Tron"?
Hibbert: No.
Lisa: No.
Marge: No.
Wiggum: No.
Bart: No.
Patty: No.
Wiggum: No.
Ned: No.
Selma: No.
Frink: No.
Lovejoy: No.
Wiggum: Yes. I mean -- um, I mean, no. No, heh.
-- The Simpsons "Treehouse of Horror VI"
:D

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Nice one George.:)
Woohoo! I'll definitely be buying this classic oldie, jeez I remember seeing this at the cinema, now its an oldie, wow!
The lightcycles and Tron's girl in that tight costume, mmmmmm memories!:D
Look out for the Mickey Mouse profile injoke in the background near the end, when the solarsail flies over it.:emoji_thumbsup:

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
"Wow, somebody else had Intellivision!!"

We had it too. Man, the sports were great! Then after Intellivision, we got Colecovision (sp.?).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks