DVDFILE has their Spider-Man review up.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ScottJH, Oct 16, 2002.

1. ScottJH

ScottJH Supporting Actor

Scott
  2. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

Oh well, whether it is reference or not, this is so mine Nov 1st! I love this movie. I know my mother will want it because she thinks I look and act so much like Tobey Maguire in this film. She even has my girlfriend seeing it now too.

3. Terrell

Terrell Producer

That is a surprising video rating. Up until now, I had heard great things about the video and audio. Whatever is the truth, I'll buy it for certain.

4. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

Thanks for the link. The video rating seems a bit unfair, as I wouldn't yet call the AOTC transfer the standard...

5. Terrell

Terrell Producer

I haven't seen it, but if the AOTC transfer is anywhere close to being as good as they rave about it being, I can't even begin to imagine how good it will look. Although, they probably should review the transfer on it's own rather than comparing.

6. Steven Simon

Steven Simon Producer

Steven Simon
    I viewed the Spiderman DVD at Sony 4 weeks back, and saw little to no film grain on this transfer at all. I respect Peter Bracke's reviews very much, but I didn't see anything of what he is speaking of on the video transfer..... This anamorphic WS dvd looked like most of all the other top benchmark Columbia video presentations.... PERFECT!!

7. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I will be looking forward to this, even though the review is mixed. I admit it is surprising, expecially the audio review. You would expect bombastic surround action.

8. Terrell

Terrell Producer

I heard great things about this DVD as well Neil. That's why I was so surprised by Peter's review. But you know Peter is usually very though and demanding in his reviews. Maybe he looked too hard to find something wrong.

9. Joel C

Joel C Screenwriter

I can confirm some of Peter's comments. Though I'm miffed, as I was told no reviews could be posted until street date.

10. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Cinematographer

This is Columbia/Tri star home video. We can expect a superbit in like 6 months. Then a Superbit Deluxe....then....

11. Ned

Ned Supporting Actor

Hmm, I wonder why the video quality isn't quite up to par.

Could it be, SUPERBIT!? (/churchlady)

If they made the video too good, that would make the later Superbit release pointless. We certainly wouldn't want to depraive them of their double-dip. Personally, I'll be renting now and buying the SB later.

12. Gui A

Gui A Supporting Actor

13. NickFoley

NickFoley Stunt Coordinator

I'll buy this version and see what all the fuss was about. Superbits arent my cup of tea.

14. Luis S

Luis S Supporting Actor

Doesnt help that he seemed to have something against the movie to begin with.Not that it matters,way I see it ,if I loved a movie in the theater the dvd is already sold [​IMG] Hmmm,maybe they left it less than spectacular so that there is a noticable improvement when the sure to be released SB comes out [​IMG] What do you guys think? Would they stoop so low? [​IMG] Nothing would surprise me these days....
    Luis S

15. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    Is it just me, I am really getting tired of reading reviews that post 4:3 screen captures on the review. If I wanted to see 4:3 screen captures I would be buying the Pan&scan release which I do not!

I loved what I saw and heard in the theater of Spidy Man so I think the DVD will not disappoint me!

Wes

16. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell

17. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

I'm not worried. Perhaps I'm not the most anal person, but so many times I've heard a reviewer talk about how poor a transfer was or how it didn't live up and yet, I don't see what they see. I also agree that this film and DVD should be judged on its own merits, not against AOTC or LOTR. Different film, different techniques...it's all going to make the DVD's different. That doesn't mean bad or worse, just different.

Bruce

18. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson

19. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell

20. Haden

Haden Supporting Actor

So this DVD doesn't have a single deleted scene on it? I find it hard to believe that nothing was cut out of this movie.