What's new

DVD TV HELP NEEDED SUGGESTIONS NEEDED (1 Viewer)

darticus

Auditioning
Real Name
ron
I have a Yamaha HTR-5890 Theater AV Receiver and a Direct TV Box a Sharp Aquos 633 -80 inch TV and suggestions needed. I have the Direct TV box going to the TV with an HDMI and the TV just plugs into the wall. The Direct TV box goes into the receiver with a Optical cable for theater sound. How do I run a DVD player if I can't connect into the theater unit as no HDMI connections on it out or in. Thinking of buying a DVD player to just go to the TV using a HDMI Cable and using only the TV audio only as I can't get it into the theater unit. Unless I go into the TV with a HDMI Cable for TV Sound and picture and a optical cable from the DVD to the Yamaha Receiver for the theater sound. Do DVD'S have HDMI and audio out optical to go to a receiver??? Is there a wifi thing I can do to get the DVDS to the TV and a wire cable to the theater for sound. The TV is WIFI. Not buying DVDS now getting movies on Smart TV and CineHD. I would like to play the ones I already have. I'm older and out of the loop for whats new. Any advice would be good. Thanks Ron

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Your 5890 has a 6channel input. Buy a BD player with 6channel output(6channel = 5.1). Otherwise you hook up the DVD/BD player the same way you connected the Directv...you just won't have lossless. Unless you do the 6channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks