What's new

DVD trays, where to buy them? (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know what the DVD trays that are frequently used on Paramount TV shows are called and where they can be purchased?

These are clear or colored depending on the show and stacked and has tape on one side that makes it hinge. For example, Star Trek TOS and Enterprise. Other shows like the Flintstones Season 1 or The Odd Couple have them glued onto a cardboard fold-out.

Thanks! Nelson

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
You might want to check out Bags Unlimited. They carry CD digipak trays that may be what you're looking for. At least, they look similar to what was used for the Star Trek TOS sets.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Tim! I did a search on that site and then I googled digipak and found some trays. Still looking, but digipak was what I needed to narrow the search.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Nelson,

Here are a few sites I collected years ago (and haven't used them since, so I cannot recommend them, or what), but perhaps it helps.

(These still "worked"):

http://www.sleevetown.com/dvd-case.shtml
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/cat...e=18633&Page=1
http://www.americal.com/cgi-bin/smart_cart2.cgi

(on the last one you need to go down the page and click on any of the "info" buttons.)

I also don't know if the company behind those sites still "work". :)
But, again, it might be of any help to you.

Cees

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thank you, Cees! That's more info that will get me closer, appreciate the help!

Nelson

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
These are some useful links. Many thanks for posting them. :)

Nelson Au,

Yes, these seem to be what I am looking for, so I may try getting them from one of these sites.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I didn't see the type I need there, but it is still a very useful site. I will scour it for awhile; the ones I am looking for (used for TOS and other Trek boxed sets except TNG) seem to be difficult to locate.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Guys, those trays you're referring to? The ones that Paramount uses for Star Trek Enterprise, CSI and the like? All they are are single trays scotch-taped together ...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks