What's new

DVD Thinpak and other Slim Cases (1 Viewer)

Rick P

Supporting Actor
well, the SPINES you modified are yours (and those could be on a web site.. just d/l the spine and then go to DVD Coverart for the rest)..

myself, I could use Clerks, Lair of the White Worm and Not Another Teen Movie...

(still working on my list of converted..)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
DVDCoverart has express distain for any uploads of ThinPak conversions
Well, that's a bummer! What's the issue? I wanted to get "thin pack" scans of the first 20 Twilight Zone releases since I have them in the fatter cases. It would be nice if the whole set was uniform.

Ric

John Simon

Second Unit
DVDCoverart has express distain for any uploads of ThinPak conversions
Rick, what makes you think this? I don't see any notice on the site about ThinPaks. I sure hope that's not the case. I guess we'll find out, though, as I've uploaded my conversion of the first season of The X-Files.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Well give them some slack. If they went with ThinPaks, it would double their already massive server space requirements overnight! And it would make their point system very confusing, if everyone could double their points simply by doing a thin spine modification to an existing cover.

And Rick, you've got a private message here on the HTF system, if I did it right. If not,
http://www.centerchange.org/thin.zip
Unlikely that others need Lair and Not Another, but if you do go ahead; I'll keep the file online for about 24 hours. I did not include Clerks for the reason given above.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
If you guys need someone to help converting them, I'm really good with photoshop, and would be glad to take my existing titles (something like 300 including many TV shows) and starting reworking them for the thin packs.

If you need an example of my work, I got a thread going here http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=138704

However, I don't have any place to upload them all in bulk... any thoughts?

Rick P

Supporting Actor
Rick, what makes you think this? I don't see any notice on the site about ThinPaks. I sure hope that's not the case. I guess we'll find out, though, as I've uploaded my conversion of the first season of The X-Files.
Over on the DVDTalk board, Coverart section.. a thread started on the ThinPak's and except for one or two people the response was OVERWHELMINGLY negative... when asked about it, one of the people running DVDCover said (partial quote) "I don't want people downloading a cover from the site, resizing the spine to a thinpak, then uploading it back. for most covers, there's no need to have it in several different sizes when someone can download it and make the necessary changes in 5 minutes."

They did say they MAY make a size category for thinpaks.. maybe...

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Columbia House is packaging their series in thinpacks now. I subscribe to their Carol Burnett Show series.

I have to say I kind of like the thinpacks. They're sturdy plastic, they protect the artwork, and they only take up about 1/2 the space of an Amaray case, if that. As an apartment dweller who has already run out of shelf space despite buying two extra storage units in the last four years, I welcome this.

Joe Isham

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately due to the fact that we do not
package our own DVDs we do not have any of the new Twilight Zone cases on
hand. Therefore we are sorry to say that we cannot provide you with any of
these new cases.

John Simon

Second Unit

Well, it looks like they've modified their stance. This just got posted on DVDCoverArt.com:

We've added the option for single and double disc ThinPak Cases. Templates are available to download on the template page.

The policy for accepting ThinPak covers will be twofold: if it is a custom cover, then we want it; if it is just a resizing of a scan or an existing cover on the site, then we only want it if it is a request (same as with regular keepcase scans).

Credits for ThinPak submissions will be handled slightly differently as well. Custom covers will remain 4 credits (6 if a request), but if it is just a resized scan/existing cover, then it will be 2 credits (regardless if a reuqest or not). Exceptions will be resizings which have complicated spines and require more time/effort, but this will be up to the discretion of the upload staff.

The credit policy is not fixed in stone and may be adjusted if necessary. Please feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions/concerns, or post on the message board

thanks!

Sounds like a good deal to me.:emoji_thumbsup:

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
yeah I dunno where you guys got the idea that we wouldn't be supporting ThinPaks. I've said personally I'm not a fan of them because IMO the spines are really too narrow for individual discs (tv series are a different animal), but never anything that would suggest the site would not have them. I just needed to figure out how I wanted to integrate them with the site policy and adjust the credit system accordingly. Limiting them to requests insures that there is an immediate need and helps reduce the workload of our (entirely volunteer) staff

Dave Molinarolo

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry, I don't like'em. I happen to like the current style cases. And like the special cases like for the LOTR-EE and FH-Dune.

But really, for TV box sets, cases like what Paramount used for its DS9 sets are perfect. Holds 7 discs and is only an inch think.

Besides I LIKE staring at my collection. Make me feel proud. ;)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I just think back to when I got my first DVD, opened the case, and exclaimed (to myself), "Woah, there's a lot of empty space in here!"

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
great news everyone who cares!

The DOUBLE THINPAKS have started to hit the streets!

Remember when the initial double thinpaks turned out to be nothing more than two single thinpaks welded together, and everyone was like "what the heck is this"?

Well apparently that mess has been straightened out, and the ACTUAL double thinpaks have been sighted.

Here is the vendor I found, with an actual photo:

http://www.genesysdtp.com/doubledvdthindetails.htm

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Video Business magazine had a brief article a few weeks ago announcing their availability. Without any pics, though, I thought it was pretty useless to bring that item to this thread's attention. Glad you found a pic of it!

Here's that pic, by-the-way:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks