DVD Storage

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Bob_Lawrance, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Bob_Lawrance

Bob_Lawrance Stunt Coordinator

Hey Guys

I am not sure if this is the right place but what do most people do with all of your DVDs?

Thanks in advance.

2. Harpozep

Harpozep Stunt Coordinator

I put 5-7 thousand of them out for rent at my store. Then I have a custom made oak bookcase styled shelf for a few hundred of them at my house. Then the overstock gets put in magazine boxes and stored. Once a year I cull out things that will never be watched again and sell them. I did this recently with a lot of action movies and TV series box sets.

I will never have enough time on earth to watch all I own, so some have to go. Besides, we are now buying HD discs[​IMG]

3. Gary Shipley

Gary Shipley Second Unit

Hi Bob. I have mine on 4 6ft. shelves on the back wall of my theater. Each shelf will hold about 115 dvds. Oh yeah, they are all in alphabetical order. It makes it easier to find a particular movie.

4. JJMJ71

JJMJ71 Stunt Coordinator

I am in the process of building my home theater and decided to build a slideout DVD type storage area. I wanted to try and keep the room looking as clean as possible and keep the focus on the screen. Here are some dimensions and pictures of the slideout that I am currently building. Dimensions are 16" deep X 17" wide X 5' 6" tall. the actual area that slides through the studs is around 15" wide. Since I am new on the forum I cannot post urls (pictures). I am sure that they are searching on key words, if you insert this into the browser heading it should still come up. jjmallrich.googlepages.com/home