What's new

Dvd series you recommend for... (1 Viewer)

KatieB

Auditioning
A couple of days ago I posted a reply to suggest Lanie get Alias S1, because I just bought it blind and think it is great so far. Well, I was going to wait until maybe June to get the second season because of all the good stuff coming out in May that I want to get like Buffy S6 and Smallville S2. I am on the 20th episode of Alias S1 now and after reading some of the replies I knew that I was going to want to start watching S2 as soon as I got done with the first one, so I broke down and bought S2 today...now, how am I going to pay for Buffy S6? It's ya'lls fault! ;)

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
I still have not bought anything yet... I am so indecisive I swear! lol. Mainly I was worried about not being able to buy S2 of Alias. You guys make all of these shows sound so freaking good. I am honestly torn about which to buy.

Alias and Buffy are two shows I have really wanted to get into. However, I am now very curious about the other shows mentioned in this thread....

So as of now I am holding off until I can just make a damn decision! This show has to last me a while, ya know! LOL!

After finishing Freaks and Geeks and MSCL I am in need of another show to keep me busy...

Matt Hobbes

Agent
I'd highly recommend Roswell. :emoji_thumbsup:

Watched the pilot about a month ago and shortly there after bought the season 1 set and have watched all the eps. I really can't figure out why I never watched it when it was on originally..

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Wow... so many good recommendations. However, if I were to recommend just one series, the one I always push and always get a friend hooked on, is The Shield. It's an atypical cop show that is so much more than just a cop show. It's got an awesome blend of action, drama, humor, and some of the best writing that you will see anywhere on television. If you're not one to shy away from a show which constantly pushes the envelope and is addictively fun as hell to watch, there's no reason you won't like this show. :emoji_thumbsup:

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Well, here is a little update on my dvd purchasing dilemma.

I still have not bought anything yet. I may be getting three new sets now. I got a nice little tax return and thought I would use that to build my tv series on dvd collection.

So here are the top picks I am choosing from...

Alias 1 (maybe splurge for season two and count it as one)

Party of Five

Sports Night

Dawsons Creek

The Sheild (only because I found out that Jason Behr has a role in it)

Buffy S1

Smallville S1

Stargate S1

I am going to buy 3 new sets out of those. I am positive about Alias, I just don't know which other two to get ( although I am leaning towards The Sheild and Party of Five)

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Congratulations!
Money well spent!

Gregg,
I may catch flack for this, but I didn't really care for The Shield. I thought it was a bit overrated. Of course IMHO, a lot of people love the show. I think I'm just burning out on cop shows....
ANyway, live and let live, not sure why I decided to talk about it, but, I am positive I like a lot of stuff you guys don't.

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu

Chris, yes you may. ;) Seriously, I think that all of the shows which were recommended are quite good, but it's obvious not everybody will agree on all of them. I know there's a great deal of HTF'ers who don't give a care about say, Family Guy. I, for one, can't see what's the appeal behind Buffy, Angel, or Firefly. But since a vast majority of the recommendations fall under the category of "most people LOVE this show," there's a better chance that Lanie and other people making blind buys will be satisfied with their purchases. I guess I don't really have a point, but I find it so fascinating people could be on opposite ends of the spectrum on how they feel about shows you'd think would be unanimously loved or hated.

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
Some of my favorites include:

Family Guy
Futurama
Soap (anxiously waiting for season 2 to be released!)
All In The Family
Absolutely Fabulous

JimmyK

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
I've bought Alias, Family Guy and Freaks and Geeks blind and have absolutely loved each one of them. They are all among my favorite shows now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks