What's new

DVD Review: Kieslowski's "A Short Film About Love" with screen caps... (1 Viewer)

Gary Tooze

Senior HTF Member

Hey,
In case anyone, is interested Byung Joo has done a review of the Korean release of Kieslowski's "A Short Film About Love". You can access it and some screen captures HERE.
Excerpt:
Now, as far as the transfer is concerned, there are quite a few problems to this South Korean release by A9 media. One obvious problem was how dark and hazy the film looked. Pops and scratches are also evident throughout. But then, I kept on saying to myself that the film is old and was probably not preserved properly. The source probably wasn’t pristine to begin with. It is presented in non-anamorphic letterboxed widescreen at its near correct aspect ration of 1.62:1(IMDB says 1.66:1), unlike the 58 minute versions I’ve seen (from Image and Artificial Eye), which is presented in 4:3 full screen format. The DVD does provide good removable English subtitles and a decent original polish stereo (from mono source) soundtrack. The DVD is definitely acceptable, and its status as the only 86 minute version makes it hard to ignore.
Cheers,
Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks