What's new

DVD Recorder PQ? (1 Viewer)

Mike_balt

Auditioning
I tried to find a thread that specifically answered this, but was unsuccessful.

Is there a DVD recorder that will play DVDs with a picture quality on par with a DVD-1600 or RP-91? or do you need to maintain two different units to have excellent playback as well as the ability to record on DVDs?

thanks, in advance,

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Just because it's a DVD recorder doesn't make it subpar in playback It's still a DVD player like any other player.

So picture quality will be just fine.

Alfer

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
The only currently new DVD recorder model I've seen with Faroujda de-interlacer for playback (like the top-rated Denon DVD-1600 and Panasonic RP82/XP30/XP50 models) is the Philips DVDR80. All the Panasonic and other model DVD recorders have an inferior de-interlacer and will not playback as good as the top-rated DVD players.

Mike_balt

Auditioning
Thanks Don - Thanks for the info and short of any other feedback, I guess I would strongly weigh the presence of the godly chipset.

you confirmed my suspicions and I'm guessing that we'll have to wait till people have some experience with the new machines. By that I mean, that having the chipset is likely a great start, but I guess time will only tell which ones are dvd-900's (denon with the chipset, but other huge problems) or RP-91's (no chipset, but great performance anyway).

Have you seen any indication (other than presence of the chipset) that any of the recorders will be on par with the dvd-1600 or rp-91 playback?

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
I tested the Philips DVDR80 with the Faroudja de-interlacer and I'd say its similar to the Denon DVD-910, which is better than the DVD-900 but below the DVD-1600.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks