What's new

DVD Profiler 2.0 Live (2 Viewers)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I downloaded it yesterday, made a backup of the profile database, and upgraded with ease. Might I suggest for future editions, to tackle the problem of actor names, character names that are longer than the box they are in not being totally visible. In other words, the end of the name is cut off with no ability to scroll to the right and see the entire name.

Thanks,

wally

Second Unit
Where does the database file reside Neil? I'd like to do the same. I'm still getting the above error message when I try to download.

Anyone else still stuck?

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Where does the database file reside Neil? I'd like to do the same. I'm still getting the above error message when I try to download.
I doubt he found the database file and made a copy. Go to the file menu and do a Backup Profile Database. I backed up using this method, installed version 2, and restored from my backup with no problems. However, I can't contribute! I get "Contribution submission failed. Try again later."

Dan M~

Second Unit
Thanks everyone, I got it loaded and it seems to be running!:) :D :)
Now to see what this baby can do...

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
So far I have not seen any speed up. As a matter of fact some functions take longer (i.e. ratings). But that doesn't matter to me, the improvements are outstanding. I just deleted almost 300 unused images. Have not had time to check out some of the other new options but from what I have read I will like them also.
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
I support people using OSes other than Windows (in fact I use daily the following OSes: Sun, Palm, and various versions of Windows. I also use Mac OS 7-9 fairly frequently, was a killer wiz on the NewtonOS, DOS, Amiga, have used Linux, and am busy learning OpenBSD for a new firewall and server "farm".)

That being said, the fart was not needed, I have tried other products, but bought DVD Profiler, because it is the best I have used. After using it for nearly a year, I did encounter limitations, some of which have been addressed in this new version. I ma quite happy with it! Now I have to see if I can look at doing a PalmOS sync plug in. I don't own 1000+ titles, but my wish list and my owned list is growing.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Since downloading profiles is disabled until the next version, is there anyway to download your profile list through other means? Currently I have no offline version...

Jenna

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeanette Howard
Just downloaded Version 2.0 and had no problem at all! It installed over my previous version and imported all 512 of my DVD titles seemlessly!
I recently upgraded to the Premium Registration and couldn't be happier. EXCELLENT PROGRAM!!!
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
I downloaded version 2.0 last night. I never used the first version. This is a great program; I love it. I think this will be the first shareware program that I actually pay for.

RickardL

Supporting Actor
I just installed 2.0 over the old version and
everything worked without using any backups or
imports.

Thane

Stunt Coordinator
I installed version 2 twice. The first time I installed it & imported my collection from a backup. Unfortunately, the backup from version one does not backup boxed set information. So...I uninstalled that one & reinstalled over the old program. It transferred the info but hung up at the end (I have a large collection, almost 1,500 titles so maybe that's why it hung up)...I had to use control-alt-delete to end the program, but all info seems to be there (and it preserved my boxed set info!) Great program!

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
I just Down Loaded the new 2.0 Profiler, but I am not seeing any of my DVD titles on the left of the screen. I think they are all in there, because I check the loaned out DVDs that I had and they showed up, but I can not see any of the tiles on the column on the left.

Does it have to do with me changing the backup place on my computer to my desktop?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
For those of you still having upload/download problems within Profiler, this is because of the "upgraded" proxy support. If you are behind a firewall, you will not be able to access.

For those with a personal firewall at home this is no big deal. For those with a corporate firewall that you cannot get an open port with, you are like me and several other people here at work....screwed. I can still use it at home but will not be able to get connected here at work.

So, they fixed something that was not broke.

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
Luke your my hero! Thanks!

I also found out that all the filters have been cleared every time you leave the program. Thanks!

Thane

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone had any luck using DVDProfiler Cast with the 2.0 release? I tried it but it kept hanging up on names, saying that the name had been defined already. It did work with one of the previous beta releases. DVDProfiler Cast is not an Intervocative product, but one that, at least for me, is indispensable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks