What's new

DVD Profiler 2.0 Live (1 Viewer)

Neil White

Supporting Actor
Dan M~

Download says 1.1 but it links to 2.0. This is temporary while Download.com updates itself.

From Ken Cole on the DVD Profiler forum:

"FYI, The links are working - we redirect to the proper file on our side. The downloaded file will be called dvdpr110.zip, but it does contain version 2.0.0.

We've put in the request to update at Simtel and Download.com but in the mean time, the download will work."

N

Rob T

Screenwriter
I keep on getting an error message that says:
The online system is currently unavailable or an error has occured. Please try again later.
:frowning:
Anybody else getting that message?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Very nice, but one problem that is still annoying for the non-pro verison buyer. The same damn ad banners at the top, which are out dated with info on trying to get Blockbuster to support widescreen.
Well, if it bothers you that much, you could always just pony up the cash for the full version;)
It looks great, but unfortuneately my harddisk crashed this past weekend and I lost everything. Will our previously uploaded profiles still work and be downloadable to 2.0? My registration key and login still work in the new version...

Benson R

Supporting Actor
I installed the new version then updated my list which I hadn't done since the beginning of may. I'm up to 199 in only four years. I think its time to admit I have a problem.:) Sometimes I think I just come here because my DVD addiction pales in comparison to some other members.:D

Matthew_S

Second Unit
The link at dvdprofiler.com goes to cnet which has the 1.1 version still up. ???????

(edit): I found the 2.0 download at dvdprofiler, the link to cnet still goes to the old one, though. I like this new version a lot better, i wish they'd work on the ugly windows interface a little, but hey......it's free and it's a great tool!!

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
Since being one of the 'early adopters' of DVD Profiler for some time now I am impressed with version 2.0. This is the most significant upgrade since I started using the program. I strongly suggest those who are not pleased with the ad banners to spend the nominal fee to register. This would be also good form for those of you who feel this is a valuable program that you use on a regular basis. The added 'hi rez' covers make it a worthwhile upgrade for me alone.

WELL DONE, DVD PROFILER TEAM (ESPECIALLY, KEN)!!

Joel

Frank PW

Stunt Coordinator
I agree Joel. I started using the free version a year ago. After a month I got the regestered version. Well worth the money.

My only complaint is that it can't interface with PIMs I had a Palm 3 and more recently a Jornada, but neither is supported. I sent them an e-mail on this. Maybe someday.

Otherwise a great program. I think I first heard about it right here at the HTF.

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
An interesting point, Frank. I would definitely like to see a Palm OS download/upload capability as well. I hope for some future functional upgrade release.

My memory is slipping and a collection of 1100 titles is way beyond my memory limits. DVD Profiler has been invaluable for tracking and sharing my collection with others.

Joel

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
I have had the Beta for awhile...looks like I need to get off my butt and get the 2.0 release. They are working toward support for third party plug-ins so maybe if you suggest Palm OS download/upload capability to the DVD Profiler forums somebody might eventually code for it.
Can't live without this program! And it gives the CueCat a purpose. :D

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
i downloaded the new version last night and installed it. even though i made a back up disc, i only ended up with titles thru the letter "C". :angry::angry:
i ended up deleting everything and re-installing ver 2.0, then re-scanning in all 250+ titles. thank you CUECAT!
fortunately, i had also printed out a list of loaned titles, so i didn't lose that info.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks