What's new

DVD Players will not be able to play future Universal Audio CDs! (1 Viewer)

BruceD

Screenwriter
So if I can't play it or burn it

that means my ears can't listen to it at home or in the car,

therfore, I won't buy it !! Q.E.D.

BruceD

Robert Dunnill

Second Unit
FYI there's a story on CNet regarding the CD copying issue, and how a U.S. lawmaker believes that efforts to block consumer copying may be illegal under a 1992 law (which allows consumers to make copies of their CDs and compensates record labels for this by way of a royalty on blank media).
RD

Antonio Silva

Stunt Coordinator
Well, i don't know about you, but ever since i started to download music from the web, my purchase rate doubled. I've never heard and been exposed to so many artists/bands before. And no more stinkers in my collection.

But that's me, i'd rather buy the original than have a home-made copy. I use downloads to see/hear if i like a particular artist/band. If i do, i go and buy it. Simple as that. I don't think i could go on without downloading music from the net. And i'm pretty sure that if i was unable to download it, i would buy less Cds.

Unfortunately, there are those who use it for copy purposes only. That's when the damage begins, IMHO.

Cheers...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks