DVD Player Won't Stop Loading! Why?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Eric Scott, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Eric Scott

Eric Scott Second Unit

Toshiba SD-6200, old model with moderate use worked fine until today. Tried a few DVD's and it's stuck on loading.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

2. Eric Scott

Eric Scott Second Unit

You won't believe it! I just bought a Toshiba sd-3990 and the same exact thing happens; the machine is stuck on loading!!!

I have double and triple checked the connections and attempted to play five DVDs that I know are in perfect condition,,, I have re-checked and switched back to the sd-6200-no luck.

What could be the problem? Help!!!

3. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    hi Eric
    No idea...back luck on your part?
    best wishes
    Gregg

4. Eric Scott

Eric Scott Second Unit

Resolved these problems. I had connected the component out/in-puts straight away. The new sd-3990 must be set to component in the setup menu by using the the video in/ou cables included with the player. (This was not very clear in the instructions.)

Toshiba is sending me a upgrade disc that should take care of the problem with the old sd-6200. They were almost certain that the chips need only to be updated.

If all goes well I will have a backup machine.

5. Rick P.

Rick P. Stunt Coordinator

If the 6200 worked until yesterday I doubt that a software update is going to help. The software updates usually help read discs with new features that are released from time-to-time or those on newer high-speed media.

Note that I also had this problem intermitently with my XS32, except it knew enough to stop trying to read a disc after 30 seconds or so.

Rick

6. Seth=L

Seth=L Screenwriter

Usually this means a dead or malfunctioning laser or it could be the processor that controls all activity in the player. The older processors weren't very effiecient and got very hot, and Heat is #1 enemy to electronics.