What's new

DVD Player Problem....??? (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Scott

Second Unit
a buddy of mine gave me his friends dvd player to look at. for some reason, when you play a dvd, the picture is up about 3 inches from the bottom of the screen and it is in black and white.

i think it is a cheap player, the maker is Norvent.

what could cause this to happen?

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
Yes that might occur due to macrovision if you are not connecting the DVD player's output directly to the TV's video input with nothing in-between.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Then what kind of connection is it — S-video? Component video? Composite video/audio? If component, is it connected correctly?

Otherwise, the player simply may be on the fritz. Those ultra-cheap things are not noted for their ruggedness and longevity (DVD players as a whole are rather delicate and prone to short lifespans, and all that goes double for the $40 specials).

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
With component video, if only the Y connection is made (Green connector) and the other two (red and blue) are bad connections that would result in a B/W picture only. Check the connections and try a new component cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks