What's new

DVD Player playback problem (1 Viewer)

Evan M

Second Unit
I have a Kenwood DV-705 DVD Player (LINK (Crutchfield) )

It is hooked up via component cables to my Toshiba 50" TheaterWide HD television.

The problem is during playback of DVDs, there is a white line that starts on the right side of the screen and goes halfway or a little more across, which shows up every now and then. It is kinda sporadic and happens regardless of what disc I use and does not always happen at the same points during playback. It'll just pop on the screen for a split second or so and do it every few minutes at different spots on the vertical (IE: Sometimes towards the top, sometimes in the middle, sometimes toward the bottom)

Any ideas on what this is, what causes it, or how to fix it?

BrentPollard

Second Unit
Try using an S-video cable or a composite cable to see if there is a problam with your component cables. Also if you have more than one component in on the TV try another component input. ;)

Evan M

Second Unit
Good idea :) Not sure why I didn't think to try different inputs. I'll check it out this evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks