What's new

DVD Firmware for Panasonic? (1 Viewer)

Matthew_F

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

Just wondering, is there a way to obtain the latest firmware from Panasonic and upgrade the units if possible? I currently own the RP-56 and 82.

Thanks

Randy A C

Auditioning
Good Q:

I have a RP56 and just bought a Panasonic SA-HE100 reciever, which if you use the remote the RP56 won't open the tray (locks). Is there Firmware upgrades avail?

BTW has anyone tried to play an SVCD on their RP56? I did and while it plasy the sound an video jerks.

Matthew_F

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Randy,

Did it open like just a tiny bit and just locked? Mine did that once but as I recalled, I just made the unit close again and opened and it worked. Well I gotta ask them if there is a firmware. The problem could be the firmware or mechancial.

About the SVCD, I looked in the manual and it saids it's unable to play it. It's under the section, discs which cannot be played. Hope this helps.

Randy A C

Auditioning
No it would not open at all....wierd thing is that with the remote that came with the player it works great. To fix the lock with the receiver remote I have to turn the player off/on to get it working.

Strange Panny product not working within the their own product family.

Maybe time I will have to give them a call on the two.

Matthew_F

Stunt Coordinator
Randy,

Can you tell me your firmware version? To do it, hold eject, stop and pause on the unit, and then press 7 on the remote and then it will display on the front panel. You just need the last 6 numbers. My version is 45W045.

When you try to eject when it locks, it does say open on the screen I believe?

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks