What's new

DVD ETC. MAGAZINE POLL: Participate and be included in upcoming issue. Click Here! (1 Viewer)

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
A Night At The Roxbury- Brings me back to the Orlando clubs in the 80's... Yes, I was cheesy :b It's a heartfelt movie and Dammit, I like it! (Richard Grieco giving advice to their father is classic...)
Xanadu - Of course. I don't think I caught it in the theaters, but my wife loved it and now she's got me liking it too...
Kevin Farley

Jeff_P

Stunt Coordinator
I would have to go with these 3:
1- Cherry Falls/Terror Tract
2- Xanadu (wifes birthday gift)
3- Terror Firmer (or any Troma movie for that matter)

AaronMg

Stunt Coordinator
I would have to go with From Dusk till Dawn. It is by no means an oscar winner, but its a fun movie to watch!

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
My guilty pleasures:
1. Tron - The movie that got me interested in computers :)
2. Event Horizon - Very under-rated. One of the scariest movies I have seen. Really creeps me out.
3. Re-Animator - So campy it is funny.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Escape From New York - Easily the greatest campy fantasy sci-fi combo movie ever. Kurt Russell (Snake Plisskin) was never better. Too bad the sequel was absolute trash. Waiting for the SE of this disk with bated breath.
Dumb and Dumber - "Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?" This movie is pure genius by Jim Carrey and a great performance by Jeff Daniels.
61* - Awesome performances by Barry Pepper and Thomas Jane. First rate disk in picture and sound quality. I'm ashamed to own it (and like it so much) because I absolutely dispise the NY Yankees.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
The King and I, it not that it is a bad movie. It is a classic and is a very good movie but alot of younger guys seem to have a weird look on their face when they see it in the collection, lol.

JerryLA

Stunt Coordinator
The Bee Gee's/ One Night Only. I know they are the ultimate in Top 40 mindless pop hits... but those guys sing and play better live than in the studio...

Jerry

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Hiden in a secert compartment of my DVD storage rack are all of the Underdog DVDs.

My friends just don't apprehiate the classics.

Besides whats wrong with owning a DVD that rekindles sweet memories of childhood?

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Swordfish
This movie is full of unbelievable scenarios, but it is still entertaining as hell. Great sound, great video transfer, and Halle Berry topless! :D

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Swordfish... ah yes. I can get rid of it now that I have Monster's Ball.Swordfish... ah yes. I can get rid of it now that I have Monster's Ball.
:laugh:
Well, I'd have to say The Last Starfighter. It's not a very good movie. It's cheesy, with a somewhat shallow story. The effects are terrible and unconvincing. The acting is only decent. But I like it. I have no idea. It just made me grin.

Margo

Agent
Hidden in a back corner of my collection, where no one can find it easily, is a copy of Star 80. I just love the music and pacing of this one. I also like the acting jobs of both Eric Roberts and Mariel Hemingway. And I must really like this one alot in order to repeatedly view it as I have to watch it with big black ugly bars on the sides of my widescreen tv where information has been cut off (it's pan & scan).

CamiloCamacho

Stunt Coordinator
In a box, without light and in the most apart part of the house remains...

Wrestlemania 2000!, the biggest event on Sports Entertaiment History!!

Michael Taylor

Stunt Coordinator
VHF - I can't help it if I laugh at all of the silly parodies. Besides, "Money For Nothing" features guitar by Mark Knopfler himself!

Patrick Wilmes

Stunt Coordinator
Cannibal The Musical
This movie really is stupid,but I just can't seem to get those damn songs out of my head!"The sky is blue,and all the leaves are green...."
Weird Science is another movie I hate to admit I love.By the way,this one needs a S.E bad.

JohnGoggan

Stunt Coordinator
Killer Klowns From Outer Space - there is just something about a Big Top circus tent that is actually a space ship -- plus guns that shoot popcorn, of course! And, as a bonus, as funny and stupid as it is, it still scares me! :)
TRON - not only can I not watch this when my wife is in the house, she'd actually prefer to be in another STATE when it is on. :)
Dark City - a great, slightly twisted movie that no one else seems to want to watch. :frowning:
- John...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks