What's new

DVD Colleciton Software (1 Viewer)

SamC

Agent
Anyone know/use any DVD movie collection software?

I am finally at the stage where I am scared of buying when at the shops in case I buy one I already own.

Memory is lacking these days. (Some say this is caused by drinking too much too often when younger, but I say this is a vicious rumour)

I need something to help. Any good ideas?

Hugh M

Second Unit
put it on your palm pilot! (or other PDA)

that is the only thing that works for me sometimes.

there is dvd profiling software for the palm platform as well, but I just put it into a spreadsheet and I have excel emulator on my palm. then when i add a dvd I can just sort the list into order..

anyways, dvd profiler is the most popular program for the windows platform.

Bob Hill

Stunt Coordinator
I'll second the Palm setup. I use a Palm based database application called HandBase. It has a desktop counterpart and can be seamlessly integrated into an Access database as well. For all you fellow Palm geeks out there the website for HandBase is: http://www.ddhsoftware.com/ BTW just how many DVDs do you have that you can't remember them all. LOL :)
My in progess home theater:
http://home.dwave.net/~bobhill/hometheater.htm

Hugh M

Second Unit
I've got around 200, but you would be shocked to see alot of people that have several hundred and more...I can't believe it.

I knew I should have rented all this time, and stayed away from Best Buy, Circuit City, etc..

Matthew_S

Second Unit
I just bought a palm and am looking for a good dvd organizer.come to think of it, I'm looking for any good palm apps! Any suggestions? (I'm totally new to the palm thing).

Hugh M

Second Unit
uhhh, checking...
for my Palm IIxe, and Vx
quickoffice, (quicksheet and quickword). I payed for it.
I imagine by now there is something free or a little cheaper.
I haven't been using it alot lately. When I did use it I found it was fairly easy to drag and drop excel spreadsheets into the "synch" conduit for the program, and also you could do a fair amount of editing from the palm itself.
its from "cutting edge software" I believe.
on another note I tried and rung up my DVDs in dvd profiler today (UPC codes, very easy) and that was pretty sweet! I had a much lower expecatation of that one. Unfortunately I now realize that my opinion isn't all too high on many of my 180 DVDs...thats the only down side though.
the software that I did find for the Palm as far as DVD database is DVDBASE from www.nelata.com ...I never really got into that one because I really didn't see a good way for rapid data entry with that program, using the PC for example.

Hugh M

Second Unit
general Palm advice:
www.palmgear.com for software...get SoftTrack first so that you can keep track of all the little passwords you'll get for the $10 programs that you buy and install.
I had kept my IIIxe in my front pants pocket for several months, and then one day I knealt down, and cracked the screen...now I will have to pay more than half the value just to fix it. so if you have the option for a screen replacement plan, take it..
and get getwright screen covers that protect as well as give you an easier surface to write on.
then I would recommend...
silverscreen (like the talisman of windows, front-end)
bugme (scribble notes, make alarms)
pocketquicken (the biggest reason for using my palm)
avantgo (download web content for off-line)
teallock (security pin thingy)
mobiledblite (or a database program, very useful for the palm)
ok, back to "DVD collection software"!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks