DVD Changer

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Bob>N, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Bob>N

Bob>N Auditioning

I'm looking for a DVD changer that will randomly shuffle between discs when acting as a CD player. Does anyone know of such a beast? Thanks.

2. JohnRyan

JohnRyan Stunt Coordinator

My old Panasonic (CV-51) does and from what I understand the newer Panasonic (F87) does as well. I'm currently looking to upgrade my CV-51 and am also adamant in getting one with this same shuffle/random feature as well. I believe the Sony only shuffles songs amongst the one disc and not the five.

I'm looking at the Onkyo CP-702. I thought I had read on this forum that it does have the shuffle/random feature amongst all 6 discs.

Good luck!

3. Bob>N

Bob>N Auditioning

Thanks for your response. I went out to buy a DVD disc changer that can handle burned DVD's i.e.slide shows and home movies as well as act as a CD player. The sony I picked up played the burned DVDs but did not play randomly between discs.

4. Sami Kallio

Sami Kallio Screenwriter

I have a Sony 200 DVD changer that plays burned DVD's and shuffle between CD's. It will not play burned CD's however. I now use HTPC to play my movies and music so this has been unused for a while, I could possibly sell it if you're interested.

5. Grant B

Grant B Producer

I have 2 sonys of both: DVD & CD. I would keep the cds in their own changer which is only about ~$100 for a 200 unit.

Because of the SW, the DVD changer run very slow when switching from disc to disc unlike a cd stand alone model.

Unless you like a lot of silence between songs.

6. JoeHard

JoeHard Stunt Coordinator

The Yamaha changers will also randomly shuffle in the manner You are looking for.