What's new

DVD changer with good user interface (1 Viewer)

Brian Gentry

Agent
Hello all,

I'm in the market for a 5 or 6 disc DVD changer. PQ is important, but the user interface, and speed of the player are more important. Specifically, I'm looking for:

1. Fast response to FF, REW, and track advance controls.
2. Quick disc change and spin up.
3. Good on screen display to indicate what disc you are playing, where you are, etc.
4. Progressive scan.
5. No obvious picture problems.

Features that would be nice include remembering disc stop positions on previous discs, SVCD playback, a video buffer to hide the layer change, and other convenience features.

I'm willing to spend good money on this, but of course I'd only like to spend what's necessary.

I'm kind of considering the Denon 1815, but I've read that it has slow response and is "quirky". Any feedback from someone who owns one?

Thanks for any input.

Brian.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Since I'm interested in a new DVD player and wouldn't mind a changer, I'm bumping this thread hoping that there will be replies.

BTW, I have a panasonic a110 which is having trouble reading dvds with increasing frequency. Time to replace it I think.

I have a proscan 32" tv and won't be replacing it soon. Would like to have a player that does mp3's and sacd's also.

Users who are viewing this thread