What's new

dvd camera angles....player functions (1 Viewer)

Daryl_hawk

Agent
Just curious about movies that have multiple angles present. 2 movies that I have (burned -R's) show a little camera icon up in the top right corner for a while (one for a whole chapter). If you hit the angle button on the remote, it changes from 1/2 to 2/2 but it will not go away. Is this normal for movies with multiple angles? Is there any way to turn it off????

thanks.

John S

Senior HTF Member
To turn it off, your DVD player would have to allow all On Screen Display to be turned off. Check your doccumentation.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
All of the players I've owned indicate angle available on the front panel, not on the OSD, so it may be an OSD function. Check your menus to see if there is a way to turn off the angle indicator.

What player we are talking about may help...

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
It's usually in the setup menu as "Angle Mark" or "Angle Indicator". My cheapo players are a bit annoying as when you turn this off, there's no other way to tell if you've got a disc with multiple angles, but if you turn the display on it will stay on all the time.

Daryl_hawk

Agent

It is a Phillips DVP642.

I have checked the documentation and menus and thus far cannot figure out a way to turn that function off.

John S

Senior HTF Member
No way to turn off the On Screen display on that one?

I have a very similar Philips player, I'm not using anymore, but it is still hooked up. I will check it out, and post back tomorrow morning on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks