What's new

DVD-Audio volume goes in and out (1 Viewer)

Evan_B

Auditioning
I am new to the forum so nice to meet everybody.

Can anyone give me some insight on this...

I enjoy listening to 5.1 audio discs but recently I noticed that the volume seems to go in and out slightly. This happens with a recent DualDisc purchase. I did try the disc on another DVD player and had the same problem. Any ideas what causes this?

The DualDisc is the band Keane by the way.

Thanks!

Evan_B

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
I haven't had this problem with any DualDiscs but the Keane Hopes and Fears DualDisc is on its way to me now so I will be able to check for the problem in a few days.

Chris

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
I just received the DualDisc and have not noticed any problems at all. I love this album.

Chris

Evan_B

Auditioning
I agree that the Keane album is excellent, especially in discreet audio format. The 5.1 mix really brings out the creative programming.

My disc still goes in and out but I looked more carefully at the DVD side of my dual-disc and noticed that there are some smudges that may be the culprit. It appears almost like a water stain and I think it was like that when I opened it. I will try to remove this to see if that fixes the problem.

Otherwise, I am slightly annoyed that I have to go to the "setup" menu each time I insert a DVD-Audio in my DVD player to get the 5.1 mix...otherwise my DVD player reads it in DVD-Video and only the stereo mix is available. Anyone else have this problem?

What other 5.1 audio titles do people recommend?

Evan_B

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
I had never heard anything by Keane before this blind buy and don't listen to much recent music by popular groups so I don't have a feel for other possible DVD-Audio albums that might appeal to someone who likes this kind of music. My favorite DualDisc so far with DVD-Audio 5.1 is Diana Krall "The Girl in the Other Room". The "Marvin Gaye Collection" is SACD hybrid surround and I like it really well.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks