DVD Audio sound

Discussion in 'Music' started by Jeremy Scott, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Jeremy Scott

Jeremy Scott Second Unit

Why does dvd audio seperate the music? what i mean is why does sound come out of one speaker at one moment and then another at the next second......is that whats known as HIREZ audio?

its only suppose to do this while listening to it in Multi channel, correct?

2. Phil A

Phil A Producer
    Supporter

Phil
    Not sure which disc you are referring to but you also may want to check the set-up menu on your player to see that level controls and time alignment are in accordance with your listening position.

3. TyC

TyC Stunt Coordinator

Hi-Rez refers to the high sampling rate and bit precision (e.g. 24-bit 192 kHz). The sounds coming from different speakers have nothing to do with high resolution audio.

4. FeisalK

FeisalK Screenwriter

Jeremy,

Thats cuz you're listening to the multichannel mix (it just happens that it is hi-rez), and it just happens that LP has an aggressive mix. There are some dvd-a albums that are a bit more subtle, Hotel California IMO is somewhere in between aggressive and ambient.

If you don't like aggressive m/c mixes (some people don't) you can maybe set your player to always play the stereo hi-rez tracks by default.

5. Jeremy Scott

Jeremy Scott Second Unit

no, i like the switching of speaker sounds....i was just wondering why it does that?

6. FeisalK

FeisalK Screenwriter

good, I love aggressive m/c mixes myself [​IMG]

have u heard Blue Man Group's Audio DVD-A?