What's new

DVD Audio Out Question (1 Viewer)

FrankieD

Auditioning
I'm re-wiring my system because I can now take advantage of the digital output of the unit . My question is: do I connect BOTH analog and DIGITAL audio outs into my receiver, (Toshiba DVD player, Yamaha RX-V1300), or just the DIGITAL audio out? Thanks in advance.

Frank

Michael_T

Second Unit
You can connect both the analog and digital out - and I would probably say this is the best thing to do.

If you are talking about DVD-Audio (as opposed to DVD-video DTS or DD), then YOU HAVE to hook up the analog outs to take advantage of the higher resolution DVD-Audio provides.

MannyE

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Manny Elgarresta
Use both. You will find that sometimes you either need or prefer the analog outs.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
1 other option
Hook up the analogs straight to the TV and the digitsl to the Xcver
Some times this arangement works out the best

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Grant the Analog outs need to be run into the receiver, there are 6 of them so you cant even connect them all to the tv.

Frankie, if you really wan tto cut down on cables you can elave out the digital cable and use the players decoders, but personally i prefer the decoding in my RX-V1300 to any players decoding.

Mike Milillo

Stunt Coordinator
I assume by analog wires from dvd player you are refering to the single rca connector cables for each speaker that is on the back of dvd players and receivers. Just a question, why would you need to use both the analogs and the digital? Just curious, never heard this before, thanks?

John-Miles

Screenwriter
If his Toshiba dvd player is also a DVD-Audio player there will be 6 analog RCA outputs for DVD-A playback.

you would also use the digital connection to allow the receiver to do the decoding for DD and DTS, only the player can decode the DVD-Audio

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks