DVD Audio Out Question

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by FrankieD, Apr 20, 2003.

1. FrankieD

FrankieD Auditioning

I'm re-wiring my system because I can now take advantage of the digital output of the unit . My question is: do I connect BOTH analog and DIGITAL audio outs into my receiver, (Toshiba DVD player, Yamaha RX-V1300), or just the DIGITAL audio out? Thanks in advance.

Frank

2. Michael_T

Michael_T Second Unit

You can connect both the analog and digital out - and I would probably say this is the best thing to do.

If you are talking about DVD-Audio (as opposed to DVD-video DTS or DD), then YOU HAVE to hook up the analog outs to take advantage of the higher resolution DVD-Audio provides.

3. MannyE

MannyE Stunt Coordinator

Use both. You will find that sometimes you either need or prefer the analog outs.

4. Grant B

Grant B Producer

1 other option
    Hook up the analogs straight to the TV and the digitsl to the Xcver
    Some times this arangement works out the best

5. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

Grant the Analog outs need to be run into the receiver, there are 6 of them so you cant even connect them all to the tv.

Frankie, if you really wan tto cut down on cables you can elave out the digital cable and use the players decoders, but personally i prefer the decoding in my RX-V1300 to any players decoding.

6. Mike Milillo

Mike Milillo Stunt Coordinator

I assume by analog wires from dvd player you are refering to the single rca connector cables for each speaker that is on the back of dvd players and receivers. Just a question, why would you need to use both the analogs and the digital? Just curious, never heard this before, thanks?

7. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

If his Toshiba dvd player is also a DVD-Audio player there will be 6 analog RCA outputs for DVD-A playback.

you would also use the digital connection to allow the receiver to do the decoding for DD and DTS, only the player can decode the DVD-Audio