DUNE is out...who knew?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Darren Gross, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Darren Gross

Darren Gross Supporting Actor

Just found it in the general A-Z Hd section at best buy. I wish the street dates for these things was made more prominent or they were displayed more excitingly.

As the expression goes, it feels like these weren't released...they escaped! :)

2. ppltd

ppltd Producer

Dune was released in November, last year. It has been out for a while now.

3. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
  4. Darren Gross

Darren Gross Supporting Actor

I guess my point is more that, if you're the average consumer or not an intense home theater thread devotee, you're totally in the dark about releases!

And also, that it was released in November, but only took BB 4 months to get it in stock! As for that CASABLANCA, FORBIDDEN PLANET and MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY have yet to turn up on the shelves. Whoever is doing the HD buying for the stores has got to clue in to the studio HD sales reps or both formats are screwed.

5. Ben_Williams

Ben_Williams Second Unit

Dune looks great for its age as well... I was pretty impressed with the HD DVD version. I'm a sucker for Dune... I just absolutely love the move despite all the negative attention it seems to get.

6. Grant H

Grant H Cinematographer

Funny, since I just mentioned Dune in a thread yesterday. The rerelease DVD looked really good and I'd read good reviews on here about the HD-DVD before. Definitely hope to own it in HD some day.

7. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Lead Actor

Tim Glover
    yeah, it has recieved some nice image comments from online sites....looks like a good one from Universal. [​IMG]