What's new

Dukes of Hazzard Season 4 in '05! (1 Viewer)

Joe:C

Second Unit
Looks like the sets may be selling better than expected. I noticed we have nine discs now instead of the double-sided ones. It's too bad they will probably be in those overlapping disc holders.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I didn't notice. That seems like a curious way to go at this point in the TV-on-DVD game. Maybe they're seeing more problems with the double-sided discs. I didn't like them at first, but now I find them pretty convenient.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Holy crap I was hoping for season 4 this year but man this is early .... fantastic job WB :)

MarkDukes

Stunt Coordinator
JoeC: Had you heard the DUKES sets were not selling well? Every time I see a Warner press release they are always saying how "phenomenal" sales have been on DUKES sets.

Anyway, really pleased with this announcement! Season 3 on May 31 and now Season 4 this summer. REALLY hoping for Season 5 at Christmas.

Go Warner!

Joe:C

Second Unit
Mark: No, I haven't heard anything about them not selling well. I just assumed they were selling better than expected because of the short time between releases. A lot of times if a show sells really well the studio will fast track the releases.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Awesome! I was hoping that they would release season 4 when the movie comes out. That way they will release season 5 (The weakest season) when they release the Movie DVD and tie the two of them in (I'm betting on Dec)
After that, there are only two more seasons to go!!
By mid 2006 we will hopefully have all 7 seasons!!
Now, all we have to do is convince them to release Enos at some point as well!!:D

By the way, I'm lovin the single sided disks!!
Keep it up W.B. :emoji_thumbsup:

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I'd say they're selling well. I can't think of any Warner titles that have had 3 seasons released in a single year...and, as I said in my news posting, there's still time for seaon 5 to be released before the end of the year.

Gord

Jon_Gu

Stunt Coordinator
I still hope we see ENOS come out. If they'll strike while the iron is hot ENOS would probably sell better now than at the end of the Dukes run.

My biggest concern is the movie will flop and kill some of the forward momentum of the TV series. If the movie is true to the series I'd like to see it. If the movie is another travesty like Starsky & Hutch...

Nope, I'm not in the entertainment industry, I don't even play one on TV. I'm just a member of the purchasing public. :D

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Well, the response to Enos at the chat was encouraging. "We'll consider it." That's better than the standard, "No plans." That's what they always say to Perfect Strangers. :frowning:

MarkDukes

Stunt Coordinator
Gord, do you see any reason why Season 5 (which featured the new "Coy and Vance Duke" characters) won't be released?

(For those who do not know, Schneider and Wopat DO return by the end of Season 5...)

MarkDukes

Stunt Coordinator
I'll be picking up Season 5 with Coy and Vance just as fast as the other seasons...I LOVE season 5! Hey, Bo and Luke are better of course, but I still enjoyed it.

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
Yeah I'd say the sets are selling very well, considering how great the ratings are for the Dukes on CMT(the launch marathon did 20 million viewers) it's not a stretch to say the DVDs are selling like hotcakes ;) :emoji_thumbsup:

Al_D

Stunt Coordinator
I still enjoyed Season 5 because of the great acting of Sorrell Booke and James Best. They seemed to step up the comedy. I will buy every season. I would like to see the Alice Crossover episodes as extras on some of the sets. IE. The Boars Nest West

MarkDukes

Stunt Coordinator
I'm beginning to wonder if Warner will play it safe and package Seasons 5 and 6 together? Gord?

But then I see that Season 4 will be NINE single-sided discs, and if WB is moving in this direction, there would be fifty million CD's for a double season set!

I'm sure Season 5 would sell anyway...I must agree with Al D. that Best and Booke were absolutely hillarious in Season 5, plus you get both Sonny Shroyer and Rick Hurst together as the deputies for several episodes, and then Schneider and Wopat return towards the end. In reality, a lot of the Season 5 episodes with the Coy and Vance characters are great.

Does anyone think we'll get a different style cover photo for the next sets? It's time to share the wealth and put the entire cast on the covers!

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I agree with Mark. I also liked many of the season 5 storylines. It's good to shake up the cast every now and then..

RogerH

Supporting Actor
The cover art is now up at tvshowsondvd.com. Finally Boss Hogg is on the cover but why couldn't they have Rosco there too. It looks kinda odd seeing him paired up with the Duke boys. Overall though I do like the cover.

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
Yeah I wanted Roscoe on their too, well maybe Season 5 will have him, I'd like Uncle Jesse on their too at least once ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks