What's new

DuckTales & Chip N Dale Officially Coming!! (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
TV.com's episode guide has airdates that match the list I posted, so it seems like - if the info I got was right - then they are being released in airdate order.

Your list MAY be the production order, Pavan, but that seems nuts considering that the first item on the discs (episode #2 on TV.com's list) is #44 on your list. Would an episode be produced 44th and be aired "first in the regular broadcast schedule"? A simpler answer is that Toon Disney probably aired them any old which way.

Brent_B

Agent
Episode #2, according to TV.com is "Armstrong", which is actually #6, after the five part Treasure Of The Golden Suns multi-part pilot.(Confused yet?;) )

There is something wrong with the episode guide at TV.com. The listing that Pavan wrote is correct, the TV.com episode guide looks to be screwed up. It looks like whoever gave you the information for the dvd release, David, copied right off the inaccurate TV.com episode guide.

As mentioned above, when you first bring up the Ducktales summary page on TV.com it lists the first episode as "Armstrong", which would be true, if you dont count the multi-part pilot. Somebody needs to contact the page editor for TV.com's Ducktales page.

Pavan_P

Second Unit
I found some old tapes from DuckTales on my local channel (WPIX), and I had the 5-part pilot followed by the very next episode, which indeed was "Armstrong."

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Yeah the TV.com episode list is VERY off on the Disney Afternoon shows. I mean on Talespin it list the last episode being "Plunder and Pirates" which was the pilot!

Jordan_Rebner

Auditioning
Wow I'm loving the coverart, especially for Chip n Dale

I was already highly anticipating the release, and now I don't have to deal with some awful coverart - no giant duck or chipmunk heads :)

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
I understand that everything in small steps, but come on Disney! Lets get DANGEROUS! I want, nay I *NEED* The Terror that Flaps in the Night!

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I'm waiting on "Pepper Ann" myself...What can I say except that I'm a mark for Kathleen Wilhoite?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

"Recess" and "The Weekenders" would be nice as well.

Sean.S

Stunt Coordinator
Awesome looking cover art, especially Rescue Rangers--which looks amazingly classy. Volume 1 points to future releases. 27 Episodes = Great!!! Purchase from me = Guaranteed!

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator
I'm glad that both are coming on November 8th because I remember this as a kid and buying this will do the same thing...

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator
Wow. I'm impressed. I mean, they didn't have to make a kickass cover for "Rescue Rangers," but then they went and did anyway. That's awesome.

And hopefully these are successful enough that they warrant other releases. I just hope everything ends up unedited (I don't know about these shows, but "Darkwing Duck" is severely edited on "Toon Disney"). One day, I dream of owning a complete collection of "Darkwing Duck" completely uncensored on DVD.

Maybe we'll get these on a kind of Cheers/Frasier basis and see another set in 4-6 months. We'll run out of Rescue Rangers first so maybe then we'll have another series drop in its place.

This should be good.

Brent_B

Agent
Cover art looks good, better then I thought it would be. Ducktales will be on my shopping list come November 8th.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

Darkwing came out about the time I stopped watching the Disney toons, so I have no real desire to see it. I would like Talespin, but I'd much prefer Gummi Bears.

I suspect Disney's starting with Duck Tales and Rescue Rangers because they feature characters who'll be recognizable to kids who weren't born when the shows originally aired. Balloo might be able to draw kids in to Talespin, but Darkwing Duck and the Gummi Bears don't have any hooks for today's five year old.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
I really love the Chip & Dale cover, but I think the Ducktales one is a bit lacking. Next time around they should have whoever did the Rescue Rangers cover do something for Ducktales.

Paul

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Probably the same person... But either way, I'm glad that they went with relatively simple covers with nice character artwork.

Can't wait to find out the final episode listing for Ducktales - to see if it includes those premiere episodes.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
Ohmanohmanonmanohman...I'm so excited, I just had a little accident. This made my millenium. As long as these episodes are not screwed up in any way, Heaven has come to DVD. All I need now is the complete Darkwing Duck, and I'll have another accident.

Pavan_P

Second Unit
BVHE just told me that the 5 part pilot episode for DuckTales will not be on this set. So it is confirmed. There are 27ish episodes on the set, though, but not sure of the order. Hopefully in airdate order as they should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks