Duckman?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Eric_Connelly, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Eric_Connelly

Eric_Connelly Second Unit

Any news on this?

The original raunchy cartoon, spawned them all....

2. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

No news on Duckman, I think its a Universal property but I'm not certain of that.

3. Ray_R

Ray_R Screenwriter

I'd like this on DVD. Most likely this thread was duely inspired by watching episodes late night Sunday on Comedy Central? I would assume so.
    IS there anyway to find out as to who DOES own the rights to the show? We could always try the internet.
    Hey! Go here:TV Tome and type in 'Duckman'. I hope the rights owners are listed there. Hope I could help!
    [​IMG]

4. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

It's Paramount actually. Last_year I asked Mr. Blythe whether there was any chance of it coming and he said it wasn't being worked on. I also wrote a snail mail to Paramount which I got a reply to. It basically said that it wasn't being worked on. I really hope that Paramount does see fit to release it at some point down the road. Easily one of my favorite shows and I wouldn't hesitate to hand over my cash tp own all 70 episodes on DVD.

5. Casey Trowbridg

Steve, thanks for the clarification on rights holders, and it is a bummer that Paramount isn't working on it. I hope they release this, it was more of an adult cartoon and those appear to be doing well on DVD.

6. Eric_Connelly

Eric_Connelly Second Unit

Actually I didn't know it was on TV last week at all.

I just saw another thread with the word Duck in it and it hit me [​IMG]

Is it going to be on again anytime soon?

7. Jaime_Weinman

Jaime_Weinman Supporting Actor

According to a post yesterday from the alt.tv.duckman usenet group, the most recent newsletter from Klasky-Csupo (the animation company that did Duckman, as well as Rugrats, the first three seasons of The Simpsons, etc) says that Paramount will be releasing Duckman on DVD "Sometime in 2005."

8. Eric_R.

Eric_R. Stunt Coordinator

Good to hear. It would be nice to see it again. Loved that show as a kid when it was on late at night.

9. Casey Trowbridg

Jaime, thanks for posting this...and please, oh please, oh pretty pretty please let it be true!

10. Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow Cinematographer

This is one of my favorite series, ever. I was hoping it'd show up on "Adult Swim", but if Paramount is involved, I guess I can kiss that dream goodbye. Also, I was just talking about this with a coworker a couple days ago. We were assuming it had to do with Jason Alexander (or any other cast member, he just seemed the most likely candidate) holding back on the DVD rights like what happened with "Seinfeld". Any word on if this might be contributing to the delay?

11. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

. I always just figured it was because Paramount didn't think it would sell.
    At any rate, this has always been a show I'd kill to own (luckily it looks like I won't have to murder anyone) so hopefully the rumor is true.
    I'd buy the show barebones but I'd really love some extras.
    "Pour the wine and cut the cheese"

12. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

I asked Paramount about this yesterday and they said it wasn't on their schedule yet.

Gord

13. Sean Aaron

Sean Aaron Second Unit

Sean Aaron
    I only saw an handful of episodes when it was on USA, but the schedule was so erratic I couldn't see it all the time, so I'd definitely pick this up just to see all the episodes I missed.

Wow, 70 episodes? I figured this one went a couple of seasons, tops. Very much looking forward to the complete series coming to DVD!

14. seanOhara

seanOhara Supporting Actor

TV Shows on DVD says it's coming in September.

[​IMG]

They say this artwork is temporary, but I think it's perfect. I look forward to seeing Cornfed and Ajax again.

15. Ray_R

Ray_R Screenwriter

This is one show I'm eagerly awaitinig to buy! What were the two pink and blue bears Duckman always used to kill when he got annoyed as a running gag names? I forgot. I used to watch this every now and then when it used to come on late night on Comedy Central.

16. Venice-H

Venice-H Agent

Fluffy and Uranus.

17. Ray_R

Ray_R Screenwriter

That was it! I'll buy this obviously.[​IMG]

18. Kevin Martinez

Kevin Martinez Second Unit

19. The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man Screenwriter

Robert
    Oh no, not those again.

What was it... couldn't find a member of the Zappa family to sign off on some paperwork, so we lose his entire score for the first season?

I hope this just winds up to be Paramount being cautious and covering themselves like they did with Early Edition... but I fear the worst.

20. Venice-H

Venice-H Agent

I preordered from Amazon a few days ago, and I got the notice that it shipped out yesterday. [​IMG]