What's new

Duck You Sucker (1971) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
After The Good The Bad & The Ugly (I'm not a fan of the new colour) this is certainly not a pre-order. I'll wait & see what the assistant cameraman/clapper loader/Leone's second cousin, thinks it should look like.

hanshotfirst1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
Billy Batson said:
After The Good The Bad & The Ugly (I'm not a fan of the new colour) this is certainly not a pre-order. I'll wait & see what the assistant cameraman/clapper loader/Leone's second cousin, thinks it should look like.
Agreed. I'll be looking at The Hutt's restoration, though maybe I'll pick up the GBU BR for the Frayling commentary.

Lets see if THIS one actually has the damn mono.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Billy Batson said:
Yeah, the revisionism is starting to annoy me. I didn't think about it much when Speilberg replaced rifles with walkie-talkies on E.T. or when William Friedkin added CGI demons to The Exorcist but taking an entire film and changing the color to something nobody remembers seeing before is a problem.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just so I make sure I have this right...

Duck You Sucker is A Fistful of Dollars

Even though I just bought the remastered TGTB&TU boxed set,
the copy of A Fistful of Dollars included in that set is now outdated.

If I want the 4k remaster of A Fistful of Dollars I have to buy it
all over again.

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
Ron - I'm sorry but that is not right but given the marketing name in various Western Countires it is easy enough to understand.

"Duck You Sucker" is also know as "A Fistful Of Dynamite" and a distinctly different film from "A Fistful Of Dollars" but another magnificent entry in Sergio Leone's work. It is very much a film set in a time of revolution in Mexico with peasants trying to rise up and claim what is, perhaps, rightfully due to them - not getting into politics :D .

Regards,

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Aaah, okay, I was confused, sorry.

I don't think I have seen this film. I am going to preorder it blindly.

Spencer Draper

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Spencer Draper
It's certainly Leone's most adult film in tone, and on the 35mm restored print looked gorgeous. So far on video the color has never been up to snuff and the audio has been remixed, censored and filled with incorrect cues since the MGM SE DVD.
So I'm really not going to be surprised if the original uncut mono isn't included.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
One only can pray that it does NOT look like the Italian Blu-ray, which is completely devoid of color and does not resemble in any way, shape or form what this film should look like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks