What's new

Dual Layer Media Deals (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Best deal yet I think, if you order 2 in order to get free shipping. Out of pocket is a little steep for me right now, but $1.50/disk when all is said and done, I might go for it.

--
H

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It's just that the brand you mention doesn't indicate much. You need to use a media code app to find out who actually manufactured them, but of course, you have to buy them to do that. I've never even heard of that brand, but there are only 2 or 3 companies manufacturing DL media anyway.

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
I used some GQ brand DL discs and all the ones I tried to burn failed, so I took it back and exchanged for Verbatim (of course I had to pay a little more)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Considering the experience I have had so far, I am sticking with only Verbatim DL media until I see pretty clear evidence others are reliable.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
$17.00 for 10 Verbatims is a decent deal, since the shipping is free. Unfortunately, I have taken the attitude toward rebates that it has to be a good enough deal to go for without the rebate and consider the rebate icing on the cake.

Sam's does have Verbatim 30 packs for $60, which is the best ongoing price I have seen for them.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
I understand about rebate apprehension...but like I said, for those folks undaunted by rebates, the Newegg deal is pretty decent...even more so if you're not in CA since you won't have to pay sales tax.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know who manufactures those "GQ" discs? I bought a couple +RWs and they seem to work OK, but I don't want to risk buying a whole stack and having them all not work.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The lukewarm deals continue. This week Best Buy has Verbatim 20 packs spindles for $40.

It will usually vary with the format annd even change from batch to batch. Often the manufacturer of RW media is different from R media. also, I have never gotten any problematic RW media, that I am aware of, including ones from the awful CMC. Media can be such a crap shoot, plus once you add in how they interact with the burner, it's all touchy. Single layer is easier now, I just stick with Ritek and keep an eye open at supermediastore when I am getting low. The last I got was Dynax branded Ritek silver printable at 200 for $60 delivered, so I am set for quite a while. DL is a lot less relaible still, so I stick with Verbatim, which has been the most reliable.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
we need to see $1.00 per disc packs-without having to buy 100 at a time-I think the companies are milking us.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Now, there's a decent price, particularly for the 20 pack. However, I've never heard of PlayO media. The 2.4 speed makes me fear they are Ritek. The comments that it is "even better" than Ritek DL media doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. Thanks for the link, but I'll have to resist.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks