What's new

Dts vs DD with Harman Kardon AVR310 ? (1 Viewer)

Ian B

Stunt Coordinator
I have noticed in the last 3 dts movies (pearl harbor, planet of the apes and j.p. 3) that the dd track has better overall bass response. I checked the setting for the dd in the receiver and matched them equally for the dts in the receiver's set-up screen. I play a scene with both tracks and still can not get the deep bass out of the dts track but, it is excellent with the dd track. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what else to check in my settings? The sub is set at +3 for dd and dts. I just spent about an hour going over the manual but, could not get the bass on the dts track to play equally to the dd at the same volume level.

Thanks,

Ian B

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I am not sure if it is a settings issue you are having. I am a DTS fan and prefer DTS over DD. I believe that Dolby has altered the bass in there pressings to try and compette against DTS's growing popularity and availability! I have not heard any truly impressive DD movies as of yet! I have not purchased JP3 yet but have JP1 and JP2 in DTS and they sound much better than DD. I believe that DTS is supperior over all and even if a DD movie sounds like it might be getting deeper bass it usually sounds muddy and is not as smooth and true as the DTS pressing

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks