What's new

DTS Online is Having a HUGE sale!! (1 Viewer)

Andy Overby

Stunt Coordinator
Just got my order through - 6 dvd's, a sign, and 3 dts audios - not a bad deal. Now off to order that Dolby Digital plaque. :) I sure hope this order holds.
- Andy
[Edited last by Andy Overby on November 12, 2001 at 11:13 PM]

Aaron Carr

Agent
Wow finally a sale on those fullrate DTS discs! I've been wanting to add a lot of those discs to my collection glad I held off paying the $34.95 price tag they usually carry. It took sometime though getting 11 discs into my basket with those internal server errors. However I just got the order confirmation so at least I know everything went through ok. It's going to be a busy weekend of movie watching.
Aaron

mike caronia

Second Unit
i placed an order as well.
read that confirmation though...they don't guarantee anything.
i was going to use fed-ex shipping, but with my luck, i would get banged the max and have only 1 of the 7 discs i ordered get sent..then where's the savings? UPS it is. wait and see time.

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
Kick Ass!!!!!
2 DTS DVDs (Both Full Bitrate selections), 3 DTS Audio CDs, DTS Cinema Poster all for about $70 shipped. (Had to pay State Tax since I'm in CA)
------------------
Regards,
Brian W. Ralston
"Success is a journey, not a destination." - Unknown

Scott H

Supporting Actor
Nothing on home page about sale. Went to DVD section - nothing about any sale there either. Well - THAT was a FAST one! said:
Some yes. Most nope. Go explore Deep Discount DVD for example. An in this case, we ordered a handful of The Rolling Stones Gimme Shelter Criterion Collection DVDs for the holiday season at $12.50 each, plus shipping, plus CA sales tax, which came out to less than $15 each. Find that deal at any B&M.
Additionally, while B&M prices have become very competitive, you seem to be misunderstanding the people ordering. They are comparing the total price, and often factoring in coupons and promotions. Most of us order DVDs online because inclusive of S/H charges, it's often notably less than B&M plus taxes. I believe your point about demanding actual shipping costs is humorous, this is a capitalist society after all. And the rent is factored into the price of a DVD at a B&M retailer.
Now, if only this terrible example of an etailer will come through...
------------------
My DVD Library
Runaway production? No thanks. Where I've filmed, benefiting local economies: AL, CA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MN, MO, MT, NV, OH, OR, TX, WA, WY.

Matthew Anderson

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Anderson
Well my order finally went through but it took a long time to get everything ordered with all the server errors. The prices were good though. I wonder what the free gift is for $50.00 and over orders.

Scott H

Supporting Actor
Johnny, I didn't refer to your comment about B&M rent inclusion as humorous. I referred to your comment about people demanding etailers charge actual shipping costs
And I fully understand that many companies make up profit in their S&H charges. Columbia House is a prime example.
------------------
My DVD Library
Runaway production? No thanks. Where I've filmed, benefiting local economies: AL, CA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MN, MO, MT, NV, OH, OR, TX, WA, WY.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Thanks for this post! I picked up Gimme Shelter:CC DVD & Steve Miller's Fly Like an Eagle DTS CD for $25.77 shipped. That's an especially good price on Gimme Shelter; you know how those CC DVD's can be a good investment.
-Dan

T r o y

Supporting Actor
I know this has nothing to do with their current sale
of their DVD's, but I noticed that the DTS Lightbox isn't an available item anymore. They used to have a lightbox for $79.95! But now it isn't there
frown.gif

Does anyone else remember this Lightbox on DTS website for sale before besides me?
I hope they bring it back for sale soon and I'm wondering why they removed it in the first place.
Regards-
Troy
[Edited last by T r o y on November 13, 2001 at 06:47 AM]

AaronJB

Second Unit
Can anyone actually get into this site right now? Whenever I try to look at any items in the store, I get server errors....

PerryD

Supporting Actor
Before people get too excited, I'd recommend checking the current prices on http://www.dvdpricesearch.com , there has been recent price drops on many of the DTS titles, including most recently American Beauty, Amistad, Galaxy Quest, Jackal, Mercury Rising, Small Soldiers, Paulie, Mousehunt & Nutty Professor to a new list of $20 ($14 discounted), so you're only saving a couple bucks on this sale.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I ordered Gimme Shelter, Criterion. I tried ordering Last of the Mohicans when they had the $5 sale a few months ago. I swore that I would not order from them again, but this was too good to pass up. I just hope they don't disappoint me again.
-Chris

Brian O

Second Unit
The Last of the Mohicans they have currently on the list is the cartoon version.
------------------

AndrewW

Stunt Coordinator
Johnny...I ordered 10 DVD's and the S&H came to $9.50...not too bad. I'm thinking of making another order.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Yes, be careful of that cartoon version of Last of the Mohicans. I was going to try ordering the live-action version after I was unable to get it for $5 last time, but I saw that it was just the cartoon version.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Last time they had a sale it was a buy 2 get one free
Like the sale today...not a word about it on their website.
So I ordered 3 and expected the price to be discounted at the checkout
WRONG...full price
So I emailed them asking them to 'fix' my order
They came back and said I ordered 3 full price discs.
I emailed them back and said what about the offer.
They said I had to pick from the free list???!!?!?
I asked them what free list??
They said the offer was over!!!!(emailing back and forth over days)
I told them to shove my order
they agreed but it came anyway
When I called them and told them I cancelled and it came anyway what I should I do with it
THey said ooops we forget to charge you for it...keep it!!!
WHAT A SCREWED UP COMPANY STORE!!!!
order at your own risk BUT BE WARNED!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks