What's new

DTS Issue (1 Viewer)

tony_n

Grip
Hi All, Before I start thanks for the replies that I got yesterday they helped alot.
Now my new question for you, My Eagles Hell freezes Over dvd has anaudio only track that requires DTS setup to listen to.
My equipment has all of the above but when it comes to the last track which is the audio I dont get anything, what iam doing wrong and do I still have the reciever set wrong.
If someone has that dvd and can hear the last track can you let me know.
Regards
Tony_n

mustangwally

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
wally
i have the dvd and love it!

first of all, let's make sure that the equipment is set up properly. can you listen to the main movie in DTS? if not, make sure that your dvd is hook up correctly with a digital coxial cable or a toslink cable(fiber optic) into the receiver, the dvd player set up menu is set up for digital out.

if you do hear the main movie, you have the same problem i had with my disc. it turns out that in my case, i needed to hook up bith cables for it to work, not sure why but that is what it need to work.

hope this helps

tony_n

Grip
Thanks for the rply Musatang
I can listen to the whole disc in DTS format but not that last audio track.
All optic cables are set up correctly as I think at this stage.
What I dont understand is on the AV rev i have DTS Mpeg/pcm as a out component not a In component.
I only fibre optic cable from DVD to Rec no RCA they have been disconnected.
If you like I could take a digi of the back of the rec and DVD.
let me know onthat one

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Check your player's settings for digital audio. With 99% of all players, you need to turn DTS on and set the digital audio output to "bitstream" as well. If you haven't done this, then there is a good chance you are not hearing DTS at all, and that would be my suspicion if the 7 Bridges Road track does not work.

tony_n

Grip
Thanks John for the reply, but I do have the DTS on and set to Bitstream of the dvd recorder player.
I have check to see if when the disc is put in that the reciever will auto default to dts ad it does, but still cant hear the last audio track.

mustangwally

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
wally
try hooking up both the fiber optic cable and a digital coxial cable fro the dvd to the AVR

a dig pic might help

tony_n

Grip
Hi Again.
I dont have a digitial co lead to connect to, would have to buy in Perth, which I can do this week-end

tony_n

Grip
Digi photo might be confusing, will get behind the rack today and write what is connected to what and maybe can work out if something is not conneced correctly.

tony_n

Grip
Good day Mustang.
Think I might have the problem solved, I put the eagles Live in Melbourne into dvd and the DTS light on the AV comes on, this does not happen with the Hell Freezes over disc so may be it could be the disc, what do you think.

mustangwally

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
wally
but if memory serves me, the only option is DTS or 2 channel. or am i wrong? too many dvds to try and find it!! the problem of having your dvd un organized and in a binder!!

tony_n

Grip
Mustang and others problem fixed. I put the disc in to the Pioneer player and it all worked fine all tracks.
Found the one lead incorrect as for LG recorder, and placed into correct connection and all works.
Like to thank you all for advice and information.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
FYI: There are two versions of this disc - the original had a PCM stereo and DTS track only. The new version added a DD track as well.

mustangwally

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
wally
i was un aware of that, thanks for the info

i have the older version with just the two audio tracks

i learn something new everyday on this forum

tony_n: enjoy the disc!!

tony_n

Grip
Hello again.
If you have the Melbourne concert disc it is well worth watching, against my wifes wishes played both disc's last night just to make sure everything working correctly.
Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks