What's new

DTS and Dolby Digital Demo on Suspiria disc (1 Viewer)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I recall that a while ago there was a complaint, that although on all DTS mixes, you get one of a number of intro animations that demonstarte the awesome advantage of 5.1 surround sound, you never got a Dolby equivalent. For the first time, watching Suspiria yesterday, I noticed that Dolby has included a really cool logo/demo before the film if you start by selecting the DD mix on the sound selection page. Pretty cool. I bet the folks at Anchor Bay say that previous post!
As an extra foot-note, I really enjoyed Suspiria, which I had never seen before, the sense of style and atmosphere was breathtaking. The only thing that marred my enjoyment, though I realise it is a facet of all Italian horror films was the impossibly cheesy acting - not all actresses, but most, could barely even speak their lines! Otherwise cool filck!

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
Is this on both versions? I only ordered the single disc, never having seen the film.
------------------
jsb.jpg-thumb_122_91.jpg

Jay and Silent Bob in
CLERKS

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I have not heard the DTS version as I do not have a DTS set-up. But comparing the 5.1 mix to the 2.0 surround, I found that not only does the 2.0 track sound more like the original mix but just flat out sounds a lot better. The 5.1 track seemed kind of empty sounding to me.
A/B comparison with the Image laserdisc clearly showed the dvd has deeper richer colors and much finer detail. Also I noticed for the first time that the LD has a slightly vertically squished down look it, that is gone on the AB dvd, which looks more natural. However I did notice that the dvd has a tad bit of picture information lopped off the right side of the screen. On my 32" screen we are only talking about 1/4th of an inch, so it's no big deal but something I just thought would be worth mentioning.
All in all this set gets a huge
icon14.gif

I still hang onto my LD however as it is signed by Dario :)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
There's one for DD on Opera also.
------------------
"This movie has warped my fragile little mind."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks