What's new

Drive - ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
And it also looks as if they're always on the same exact stretch of freeway at all times, almost reminds me of any random episode of The Flintstones where we see Fred and Barny passing the exact same houses and buildings over and over again lol.

Joe_H

Screenwriter

Yeah, I was the one who said that, but it was posted after Sunday's episodes/ before Monday's episode, so it clearly isn't the case after that one.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Wait a minute, they're not shooting on location for the five viewers that will recognize and care that it's not actually shot where they say it's taking place?

I don't expect every scene to be shot where it's supposed to take place, but it should at least look like it COULD have been.

If a scene is set in NYC, yet shows a street lined with palm trees, that's just bad filmmaking.

If Hollywood can make movies and shows that look like they are taking place on other planets or in ancient times, certainly they could get this right.

There aren't any mountains in Florida, and there isn't desert-like vegetation in Georgia! If only 5 viewers know that, we're in more trouble than I thought.

Here's a clue: a road movie/series should be shot on location, not the back lot.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
TV Series and movies that take place in Seattle almost always are shot in either L.A. or B.C.

A large part of TV Series that take place in Chicago are shot in Toronto.

L.A. and NYC are the two friendliest (economically) places in the U.S. to shoot.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

That's just not going to happen. They have to shoot the car interiors surrounded by green screen to keep within budget as it is. They're certainly not going to film all over the United States. I do agree that an effort should be made to make it look like what it looks like, but it's a time-honored tradition for Hollywood not to care about such details. I believe Dallas had mountains when the Ewings lived here.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I also said "care" about that inconsistency. I can't imagine that many people actually caring about something so minor. Most people are watching the show and not worried about the vegetation being correct.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

A show like "CSI:Miami" has the budget to correct this issue. On the season 3 DVD of that show, one of the extras is about digitally removing mountains and other elements from backgrounds since the show is primarily filmed in California, with actual Florida scenery composited into certain shots.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Except the truck that said "Winterhaven, FL"... my sister went to college in Winter Haven. Oh, and there was some comment about Jupiter being north of West Palm Beach and how many miles away it was... the number of miles was way over exaggerated.

But now they're out of Florida, I got nothin'

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Well, with no encore, and I missed the first 3 hours, guess I'll just sit it out until the inevitable DVD.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
I really liked this one, I ended up doing the DVR thing and watched the first 3 all in a chunk. I've been watching Fillion ever since he was Joey on my soap opera like 15 years ago...

I was also thinking that it's a bit of a spoiler listing Baker as a guest star, and definately recognognized the 210. There ARE places in LA without tumbleweeds to film to front for GA so they could put a bit more effort into that - it DOES take you out of the show.

Charles Martin Smith is a DELIGHT (doing my James Lipton)

I hope this one sticks around, but who knows.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
I'll just mention it since no one else has (I'm sure no one cares), Hastings, NE doesn't look anything like the way they portrayed it on the show. :)

Phil Florian

Screenwriter

It's on FOX. We already know what will happen to it. (insert sound of guillotine dropping)

Yes, yes, pessimistic but there you go.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Yes, Fox has a very bad track record when it comes to giving new shows a chance. It is 4 episodes to become a hit, or your gone.

I guess the people at Fox who greenlight shows are a completely seperate group that decides to yank a show. I think that maybe the two groups should have a meeting or two once in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks